Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll put this out there....

If Goldy returns to 90-95% of his AA form in 2015 we will push top 4 this year!!

Big ask, but I truly believe he’s been way better this year than last year. I am seeing more signs. I think he’s working into the season.

What impressed me on the weekend with Goldy was the way he responded in the second half. That 3rd quarter was the best quarter I’ve seen him play in over 2 years.
Goldy of last year would not of been able to lift.

Will the sleeper awaken.....

If Goldy returns to 90-95% of his AA form in 2015 we will push top 4 this year!!

Big ask, but I truly believe he’s been way better this year than last year. I am seeing more signs. I think he’s working into the season.

What impressed me on the weekend with Goldy was the way he responded in the second half. That 3rd quarter was the best quarter I’ve seen him play in over 2 years.

I hope so but doubt it.
Happy to be wrong.

" by spelling him we feel he'll come over the top of the majority of his opponents", he was bloody fantastic in the second half".

Nice! I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that reference.

Unfortunately that movie did not do the book any justice. Perhaps it’s one of those books that should never be made into a movie............

The Dune saga imo is still the best as Sci-fi series ever written.

Unfortunately that movie did not do the book any justice. Perhaps it’s one of those books that should never be made into a movie............

I was a pretty big Dune fan a few years ago, an impossible movie to make really considering how DENSE the book is.

Endlessly quotable though, that and I'm a big David Lynch fan even though its nowhere near his best movie.

I hope so but doubt it.
Happy to be wrong.
You may well be right Ozzy. However, there is absolutely no physical reason why he shouldn't. Right now, he should be at his peak. We know his peak is better than we're seeing. However, his performances have been on the up curve this year, in general. Game 200 - what better stage...

I was a pretty big Dune fan a few years ago, an impossible movie to make really considering how DENSE the book is.

Endlessly quotable though, that and I'm a big David Lynch fan even though its nowhere near his best movie.
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/dune/260180/dune-remake-will-be-at-least-two-movies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might have been mentioned previously but hope Goldy has got rid of his snoring - as revealed in the Roo Mates podcast. One of the last things you'd want is your body and brain waking up oxygen deprived playing elite sport. The game is hard enough as it is without waking up lethargic and then having slower recovery times.

Thanks Only Forwards.
That made me slightly aroused. I’ve read everything and anything associated with the dune universe.

Even those Herbert / Anderson monstrosities? I got half a chapter into one of them: awful, legacy burning tripe. Getting Dune right in a movie / series is almost the holy grail of sci-fi cinema though. Fingers crossed for the new ones...

Even those Herbert / Anderson monstrosities? I got half a chapter into one of them: awful, legacy burning tripe. Getting Dune right in a movie / series is almost the holy grail of sci-fi cinema though. Fingers crossed for the new ones...

From a visual standpoint Villeneuve is an excellent choice. Fingers crossed indeed!

It's funny, but as time passes, David Lynch's Dune becomes more and more watchable for me. Not because it's great, but just because it's Lynch, and Kyle McLaughlin, and in the post Twin Peaks, Blue Velvet, Lynch-McLaughlin Universe (a strange place indeed!) it somehow has become like a funny old friend that you secretly like watching. Except for Sting being in it though. Can never fix that.

right, off to iron the stillsuit...

David Lynch's Dune becomes more and more watchable for me. Not because it's great, but just because it's Lynch, and Kyle McLaughlin, and in the post Twin Peaks, Blue Velvet, Lynch-McLaughlin Universe (a strange place indeed!)

The comfiest and most consistent era in Lynch's career, everything was just perfect.

I'm so glad we got Twin Peaks Season 3. I loved it.

Todd Goldstein – 200 games
The 30th player to play 200 games for the North Melbourne Football Club

Played: 199 Won: 102 Drawn: 1 Lost: 96

Game 1 – Round 15, 2008 v Port Adelaide (Football Park). North Melbourne 10.16-76 d. Port Adelaide 10.14-74
Game 50 – Round 15, 2011 v St.Kilda (Docklands). St.Kilda 12.7-79 d. North Melbourne 10.10-70
Game 100 – Round 22, 2013 v Hawthorn (Docklands). Hawthorn 17.15-117 d. North Melbourne 15.13-103
Game 150 – Round 1, 2016 v Adelaide (Docklands). North Melbourne 16.11-107 d. Adelaide 14.13-97

Disposals
Game High: 28 (Round 9, 2012 v Brisbane Lions)
Season High: 352 (2015)

Kicks
Game High: 14 (Round 8, 2011 v Melbourne)
Season High: 157 (2015)

Handballs
Game High: 16 (Round 18, 2012 v Melbourne)
Season High: 195 (2015)

Marks
Game High: 10 (Round 14, 2010 v Geelong)
Season High: 100 (2015)

Goals: 104 Behinds: 62

Brownlow Medal Games
Round 19, 2009 v Melbourne: 2 votes
Round 8, 2011 v Melbourne: 3 votes
Round 14, 2011 v Port Adelaide: 2 votes
Round 22, 2011 v Fremantle: 1 vote
Round 9, 2012 v Brisbane Lions: 3 votes
Round 18, 2012 v Melbourne: 2 votes
Round 21, 2012 v Collingwood: 1 vote
Round 10, 2013 v St.Kilda: 3 votes
Round 18, 2013 v Melbourne: 2 votes
Round 22, 2013 v Hawthorn: 2 votes
Round 17, 2014 v St.Kilda: 3 votes
Round 2, 2015 v Brisbane Lions: 1 vote
Round 4, 2015 v Geelong: 3 votes
Round 11, 2015 v Sydney: 1 vote
Round 12, 2015 v GWS Giants: 3 votes
Round 15, 2015 v Geelong: 2 votes
Round 16, 2015 v Essendon: 3 votes
Round 18, 2015 v Carlton: 1 vote
Round 19, 2015 v Melbourne: 2 votes
Round 21, 2015 v Fremantle: 2 votes
Round 1, 2016 v Adelaide: 3 votes
Round 3, 2016 v Melbourne: 3 votes
Round 5, 2016 v Gold Coast: 2 votes
Round 9, 2016 v Carlton: 3 votes

Finals:
2012 Elimination Final v West Coast
2014 Elimination Final v Essendon
2014 Semi Final v Geelong
2014 Preliminary Final v Sydney
2015 Elimination Final v Richmond
2015 Semi Final v Sydney
2015 Preliminary Final v West Coast
2016 Elimination Final v Adelaide

Most Consecutive Games: 60 (Round 7, 2012 v Western Bulldogs to Round 22, 2014 v Adelaide)
Has played 199 of 224 games since debut

Honours
All-Australian Ruck (2015)
North Melbourne Best & Fairest - Winner (2015)
North Melbourne Best & Fairest – Runner-Up (2014)
North Melbourne Best & Fairest – Third (2013)
Club Brownlow Best (2015) – 18 votes
AFL Record – Most Hit Outs in a Season (2015) – 1058
AFL Record – Most Hit Outs in a Match (v GWS, 2015) - 80

^ The 2016 Brownlow votes explode the myth perpetuated in these parts that he has been s**t since 2015. He was dominating until he got injured.
Up until mid 2016, he was terrific. His decline in form since then has been astounding. He was good against GWS though.
No Brownlow votes since mid 2016 for our #1 ruckman - that's a concern.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back