Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Got bent over by Todd in a contract year again, brilliant.

Looking forward to the next 2 years of mediocre football before a sudden outbreak of excellent football.

For a guy big on stats and facts, it's a little bemusing that you have ignored the facts that disprove this rubbish contention.

For a guy big on stats and facts, it's a little bemusing that you have ignored the facts that disprove this rubbish contention.

Sorry, how do you think Todd went in 2017 & 2018?

Do you think he was worth close to double the wage of the Syd Barker medalists in those years?

Sorry, how do you think Todd went in 2017 & 2018?

Do you think he was worth close to double the wage of the Syd Barker medalists in those years?

Nice straw man.

We all know the reasons, hindsight is always 20-20.

It's the suggestion that you're perpetuating, i.e. he only played well in the season before previous contracts, that is way off the mark.

Nice straw man.

We all know the reasons, hindsight is always 20-20.

It's the suggestion that you're perpetuating, i.e. he only played well in the season before previous contracts, that is way off the mark.

Todd could of signed 6 months ago.

He ran it to the deadline, that was his decision

It's probably cost North a decent chunk of change.

But, please continue to act like I'm way off the mark.

He's been the second most runumerated player in North's history, I'm just a little pissed off that we've been backed into a corner by him/his management when he's been extremely well paid vs output over the last 3-4 years.

My memory is a little bit longer than the last 6 months, he owed us for what was frankly a fairly pathetic run of form for close to 2 seasons following his AA selection.

The club was well within it's rights to shop him around, unfortunately for us, we had very little leverage given he decided to come to the party, finally with some form in his final year of his contract as a UFA and we shipped Preuss off last year for peanuts.

People in this thread are forgetting we have been trying to trade him for 2 years, nobody wanted his contract last year, it was one of the worst in the AFL given how he was going at the time, even when we were willing to pay a % of it for a decent pick, there were no takers.

Last edited:

He's been the second most runumerated player in North's history, I'm just a little pi**ed off that we've been backed into a corner by him/his management when he's been extremely well paid vs output over the last 3-4 years.

My memory is a little bit longer than the last 6 months, he owed us for what was frankly a fairly pathetic run of form for close to 2 seasons following his AA selection.

The club was well within it's rights to shop him around, unfortunately for us, we had very little leverage given he decided to come to the party, finally with some form in his final year of his contract as a UFA and we shipped Preuss off last year for peanuts.

People in this thread are forgetting we have been trying to trade him for 2 years, nobody wanted his contract last year, it was one of the worst in the AFL given how he was going at the time, even when we were willing to pay a % of it for a decent pick, there were no takers.

Obviously you are pissed off. I don't disagree with much of your reasoning. I do disagree with the need to mis-state facts to emphasise your point.

You said "Got bent over by Todd in a contract year again, brilliant." I reacted to the "again" because it's false. You talk of having a memory longer than six months, but it seemingly doesn't go back more than three years.

Most Clubs get played like fiddles when it comes to managers and players using the media for their own ends. That said, I reckon we've turned it into a real art form in the last few years. Goldy deserved the right not to be pushed out the door but this deal is definitely weighted in his favour. Even his most ardent fans would have to concede that. We do have get much smarter as a club.

Obviously you are pi**ed off. I don't disagree with much of your reasoning. I do disagree with the need to mis-state facts to emphasise your point.

You said "Got bent over by Todd in a contract year again, brilliant." I reacted to the "again" because it's false. You talk of having a memory longer than six months, but it seemingly doesn't go back more than three years.

My statement "again" is based on the fact that after a single AA season as a ruckman, he was remunerated with a contract in the top 1% of the competition.

So yes, it's my opinion we've probably had to pay overs to keep him, in 2 consecutive contract re-signings.

He's a guy we literally couldn't pay to have play for another side this time last year, yet just 12 months later it seems he's probably signed on again for a contract likely to be in the top handful at the club and will extend until he's 34 years old...

I believe now was the chance to make a ballsy play, but we've gone the safe route, similar to what we've done with our senior players for the last 20 years.

Just my opinion only.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember the good times Goldy but don’t think I’ve forgotten the bad, especially your performance against non existent ruckman in recent times.

You’re now a true shinboner forever and very well paid, I want to see some consistency and improved DE.... and maybe more taps to LDU 😉

Congrats

He's been the second most runumerated player in North's history, I'm just a little pi**ed off that we've been backed into a corner by him/his management when he's been extremely well paid vs output over the last 3-4 years.

People in this thread are forgett6ing we have been trying to trade him for 2 years, nobody wanted his contract last year, it was one of the worst in the AFL given how he was going at the time, even when we were willing to pay a % of it for a decent pick, there were no takers.
When I 1st read that he's re signed , my 1st thought was "THE CLUB BLINKED".....I hope the club threw in a few kpi's on his 2nd years output going in to his 3rd year.

When I 1st read that he's re signed , my 1st thought was "THE CLUB BLINKED".....I hope the club threw in a few kpi's on his 2nd years output going in to his 3rd year.
Why does it make me uncomfortable that a person's first thought is, "There's something wrong with this?"

And no you're not the first. You're not even someone I'm intentionally targeting. You're just the most recent in a line so I'm paying attention.

Why does it make me uncomfortable that a person's first thought is, "There's something wrong with this?"

And no you're not the first. You're not even someone I'm intentionally targeting. You're just the most recent in a line so I'm paying attention.
When you take people's posting history into account, I don't think this is throwing up many surprises.

Obviously you are pi**ed off. I don't disagree with much of your reasoning. I do disagree with the need to mis-state facts to emphasise your point.

Obviously many ppl here have differing opinions on Todd Goldstein ..... we do not need to agree on everything relating to the NMFC.
Goldstein definitely falls into this category.

Unless people have the exact $ figures, taking this news as negative would be jumping the gun I would have thought.

Please start on page 1 H2H...then come back with your findings.
To be honest, I go back to this page 1 quite often, it's one of my favourites ("200 cm ruckman. Why?").

I thought you were a Goldy sceptic from way back, sorry if I've confused you without someone else.

Unless people have the exact $ figures, taking this news as negative would be jumping the gun I would have thought.
This.

Maybe he came to the conclusion that we're closer to a flag than the Handbaggers and he wants to be part of that. Could even have agreed to take unders so we can get some more players in.

Purely speculation, I know. Just like about 99% of the other posts in this thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back