Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Name a current ruckman that’s had a better career than Goldy.

I’ll wait.
Gary Dempsey was a better North ruckman that Goldie and that is about as relevant as your argument that Goldie can get back to his form of 3 years ago.

If the club is thinking your way about Goldie - i.e. don't worry he will come good again - then they ought to have a look what business they are in.

Goldie was a great player but you need to see it the way it has been for 18 months - Goldie has lost his leap and opposition ruckman know they can jump hard at him at the centre bounce, his ankle injuries have cost him his ability to run as a quasi midfielder and we know he has no overhead marking prowess and is soft as butter in terms of being a physical presence.

Continuing to play blokes in the hope they can recapture their glory years is the biggest mistake a club can make.

Big Preussy is now the man for the job and needs to be given games in the ones - the fact that Goldie took his place was just another one of Brad's stuff ups last year - it showed to all just how far Goldie has dropped.

Unfortunately i think Goldstein might be cooked. I obviously hope not considering we're paying a King's ransom (deserved at the time).

Looks disinterested/uncommitted and his play suggests that - so wimpy for a guy his size, it's so frustrating to watch.

Can only get better i guess, if not then Preuss comes in or we play a makeshift ruck with an extra mid instead.

The fact no one else wants to touch him says a lot tbh.

Oh, in two years.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Preuss play some major minutes as a KPF next season.
And I would like Durdin to be persisted with as a roaming chf. He got around 20 disposals doing that against Brisbane.

I never said he did. You asked if Gawn was injured prior to coming good in 16. I stated facts. He was indeed injured. If I was asked to choose one of them as our ruckman moving forward, I would choose Gawn without hesitation. Goldstein's career thus far has certainly been better. Not sure it will remain that way once they are both finished

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were offered a 2nd round pick and a future 2nd round pick to trade Goldy with us paying a large % of his salary and we didn't even entertain it. If we were so desperate to get points for next year and get more involved in this years draft it was negligent that we didn't look at it.

Wasn't told which club offered the deal
This legit?
If so if Goldy doesn’t want the go the club can’t make him....... especially an interstate club.

Do you really think if Goldy was willing to move clubs that North would of rejected this deal? No ******* way.

Goldy was injured in the first game we lost in 2016, rd 10 against Sydney, and basically didn't get right for the rest of the season. So, more than 10 weeks hampered by injury.

Yeah, I don't get it. I hear he's not the greatest trainer. He needs to do a bit of yoghurt and what not to get some core strength back, otherwise, its curry in a hurry for him.

Goldy was injured in the first game we lost in 2016, rd 10 against Sydney, and basically didn't get right for the rest of the season. So, more than 10 weeks hampered by injury.

On LG-H990 using BigFooty.com mobile app

This. Plus the other issues.

I’ve always been the first one to criticise Goldy, but after all this I’ve kind of changed my tune

He’s had enough time now to get better mentally in my opinion. Hope he gets a decent or maybe longer break from footy than others, try something different

If he’s mentally fresh in the pre season that will flow into having his body right too

I don’t and probably many don’t know Goldy personally so no one can know exactly what he is going though or how he is handling it

Going to back him in to finish off his career on a good note

This. Plus the other issues.

I’ve always been the first one to criticise Goldy, but after all this I’ve kind of changed my tune

He’s had enough time now to get better mentally in my opinion. Hope he gets a decent or maybe longer break from footy than others, try something different

If he’s mentally fresh in the pre season that will flow into having his body right too

I don’t and probably many don’t know Goldy personally so no one can know exactly what he is going though or how he is handling it

Not sure how this eventuated into an excuse for Goldy? Isn't anything to do with the downturn of his career. He's happier than he has been for years. He went and found another woman usually means I assume you're not happy in your current relationship.

I have an opinion and I asked myself why the * we let Goldy stand by himself this year and not be involved in the contest. I used the dying seconds of our finals win against geelong as an example. Goldy stood tall and saved the match.

Yeah," we got it wrong with Goldy this year" was my response.

Not sure how this eventuated into an excuse for Goldy? Isn't anything to do with the downturn of his career. He's happier than he has been for years. He went and found another woman usually means I assume you're not happy in your current relationship.

I have an opinion and I asked myself why the **** we let Goldy stand by himself this year and not be involved in the contest. I used the dying seconds of our finals win against geelong as an example. Goldy stood tall and saved the match.

Yeah," we got it wrong with Goldy this year" was my response.

Do you know him personally? I swear there is other mental issues than that one reason. The downfall of him was drastic

:thumbsu:

Someone who does know him very well recently had lunch with him and had a long convo with him about his year and where things are at now, both personally and footy wise.

His bitter divorce proceedings were finally settled in September and they'd weighed very very heavily on him for a long time. He said the eventual amicable settlement was "like having the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders!" Whilst not admitting it publically throughout the past period it has really stuffed him emotionally and mentally and you can now rest assured he's as happy as he's been in a very long time.

He also said post season scans on his ankle revealed he'd been playing with a slight fracture for a long time, previously undiagnosed. R & R will sort that out.

I expect we'll see him back to his best next season and it's for these reasons the club feels the same way.

Someone who does know him very well recently had lunch with him and had a long convo with him about his year and where things are at now, both personally and footy wise.

His bitter divorce proceedings were finally settled in September and they'd weighed very very heavily on him for a long time. He said the eventual amicable settlement was "like having the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders!" Whilst not admitting it publically throughout the past period it has really stuffed him emotionally and mentally and you can now rest assured he's as happy as he's been in a very long time.

He also said post season scans on his ankle revealed he'd been playing with a slight fracture for a long time, previously undiagnosed. R & R will sort that out.

I expect we'll see him back to his best next season and it's for these reasons the club feels the same way.

Goldy in 2018

#multipledicksisback

Bank on it

Gary Dempsey was a better North ruckman that Goldie and that is about as relevant as your argument that Goldie can get back to his form of 3 years ago.

If the club is thinking your way about Goldie - i.e. don't worry he will come good again - then they ought to have a look what business they are in.

Goldie was a great player but you need to see it the way it has been for 18 months - Goldie has lost his leap and opposition ruckman know they can jump hard at him at the centre bounce, his ankle injuries have cost him his ability to run as a quasi midfielder and we know he has no overhead marking prowess and is soft as butter in terms of being a physical presence.

Continuing to play blokes in the hope they can recapture their glory years is the biggest mistake a club can make.

Big Preussy is now the man for the job and needs to be given games in the ones - the fact that Goldie took his place was just another one of Brad's stuff ups last year - it showed to all just how far Goldie has dropped.
I was with you, to a degree, on most of your points.

But goldy is a good overhead mark. Possibly not getting around the ground enough to make contests.

Another ankle injury mis-diagnosed by Saunders!! It baffles me how he was so highly rated.

Great share TT, thanks.

Back him in!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back