Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

I was genuinely worried he'd be looking elsewhere if he didn't get consistent game time this year. Clearly the club has indicated he's a big part of our long-term plans.

That’s a fantastic result, I thought he may have looked elsewhere if he didn’t get much of a look in in 2019. He is obviously backing himself to play a big role in our defence over the next 3-4 years.

Absolutely primed for a big season

Or he understands where he is because the club has been working with him and developing him. Seriously some of us jump at shadows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've got a gun key forward on your hands also.

The day the McKay brothers go 1v1 against each other is gonna be a great game.

I was kind of hoping Carlton would find a way to pinch Ben from North.

Would love to see them play in the same side but I reckon you're spot on with your assessment.

Watching a head to head battle with Ben and Harry will be the highlight of future matches.

I was kind of hoping Carlton would find a way to pinch Ben from North.

Would love to see them play in the same side but I reckon you're spot on with your assessment.

Watching a head to head battle with Ben and Harry will be the highlight of future matches.

How is Harry travelling these days? If his brother is any indication, I'd say pretty well.

we might just have to have a bit of a think about the Mckay situation...

To me it is starting to look like he is too big to play on a mobile forward...and they are all mobile these days

Our better backmen of late Taz Thommo Daw are nowhere near as big as ben, Thommo in particular plays big small whatever and he is say 193

McKay is 200 and 100kg Once a fwd takes off he is gone
Watching Watson clean him up yesterday and most of us didnt even know who Watson was is a worry

Dont think there are any other backmen this big....on any team

To me it is starting to look like he is too big to play on a mobile forward...and they are all mobile these days

Our better backmen of late Taz Thommo Daw are nowhere near as big as ben, Thommo in particular plays big small whatever and he is say 193

Watching Watson clean him up yesterday and most of us didnt even know who Watson was is a worry

He's 201cm and 102kgs.

He wouldn't be playing on 191cm, 87kg players in a real game.

McKay v Watson isn't worth anything in terms of match up value.

Well we are going to have to find out. Round 1 he can play on Lobb. Round 2 that big Irish guy. Round 3 roughy. Round 4 Jenkins ..... guys like Hawkins, Daniher, Lynch etc would all suit him.

But in principle I agree. He’s more limited than say Tazz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back