Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Under Brads coaching I fear that this monster of a man will never reach his potential.

He is way to tall to play as a a back man.

How simple is it to play him forward and pinch hit in the ruck. He has good hands and would cause opposition teams headaches trying to cover him and Brown.

Anyway, hopefully Brad is gone at years end and we can finally develop our kids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Halleluia!!!!

he is not a very good set shot, much like loogie wasn't, so we end up with another JZ, Petrie or levi casbolt, john butcher clone who can clunk a mark but cannot convert. having said that how can mason cox
learn to kick a set shot in 2 years and these guys still cant after many more years???
His twin brother can't kick either. Had 4.3 from 20 touches, 11 marks 5 of them contested. Not a great set shot though, Carlton should play him full back

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

His twin brother can't kick either. Had 4.3 from 20 touches, 11 marks 5 of them contested. Not a great set shot though, Carlton should play him full back

Carltons forward stocks are barer than ours, they don't have a frosty miller medalist running round in the magoos and Casboult is hardly the webster dictionary definition of accurate. ( today withstanding).

Do people realise that just because he has a twin brother it doesn't mean that they play in identical ways and have identical physical attributes?
Yes Spider. But given Ben Brown needs help, Larkey weighs 30kg dripping wet, and we have a lump of a kid whose twin is lighting it up forward, I dunno didn't think it was too much of a stretch to suggest that maybe, I dunno, we could trial Ben McKay forward. Ridiculous notion I know.

Haha is this a troll? We have Ben Brown and...?

its all good, i suspected that, but seriously, the best thing about BBB is that he goes generally 78% plus so given that efficiency he dont need to clunk as many, and yes i agree, the co stars in the script are pretty minimal atm.

EDIT, come to think of it, could prolly do a lot worse than giving zurhaar a run down fwd, he can snag a goal, is pretty big and would make defenders nervous, but that would place JZ in the wilderness because we would need some tall, short balance,

Yes Spider. But given Ben Brown needs help, Larkey weighs 30kg dripping wet, and we have a lump of a kid whose twin is lighting it up forward, I dunno didn't think it was too much of a stretch to suggest that maybe, I dunno, we could trial Ben McKay forward. Ridiculous notion I know.

What does anything this have to do with his brother, totally irrelevant to the conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he is not a very good set shot, much like loogie wasn't, so we end up with another JZ, Petrie or levi casbolt, john butcher clone who can clunk a mark but cannot convert. having said that how can mason cox
learn to kick a set shot in 2 years and these guys still cant after many more years???

Would take anyone that can clunk a mark up there.

I have been saying this from half way through last season. They moved Majak from attack to defence why can't they do the opposite with McKay.

It’s ******* crazy playing a bloke in defence to learn the game instead of just playing him as a forward. I can’t think of any Coleman medalists who have ever played in the backline.
Johnny Longmire played a year in the backline and went on to win a Coleman soon after...but have to agree that young McKay is just too tall and slow to be a kpd.

I posted after the Freo game that he moves like a second ruckman who can pinch hit playing forward. He can take a mark so that is his strength. He should be working on his leap, timing for marks and general kicking skills. He should have been tried in the ruck (and spent months with the ruck coach training for this) as part of his general development.

If the rumours are true that he has told the club he only wants to play as a defender then that is just extraordinary and tells us where the club is at if we have agreed to this.

I'm sure i have have asked this before, but why exactly is he pigeonholed as a defender or bust ? way,way too early to call imo

Our wonderful coaching team took 8 years to work out that Maj was a backman and not a forward. Blind Freddy could see it 5 years ago.

I just don’t think McKay will get the 8 years grace that Maj was afforded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back