Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

If he nominates for the National Draft then that's a different story. *essendon would have to use their current Pick 8 and why would they do that when they can pick up a pretty handy 18 year old instead?

Surely they are not that stupid that they are prepared to manipulate this, just to spite us and in the process detract from potential gains in the upcoming draft.
This what l cant work out...If Essendon give us Band 1 pick#3 they go back 1 spot to pick#9 ..If they have to trade their pick #8 their next pick is #28 not accounting for NGA, F/S picks ..Why would you do that?

Essendon supposedly has a war chest within their cap space so there is no reason to risk picking up McKay as a free agent as the alternative undermines their draft hand. All this talk of paying him only what he's worth is just to placate the base and do what they always do - "win" trade week. They will pay precisely the amount to trigger Band 1 and will we get Pick 3. They will tell their supporters that the AFL cooked the books to give us Pick 3 but that's utter bollocks offered up for morons.

If he nominates for the National Draft then that's a different story. *essendon would have to use their current Pick 8 and why would they do that when they can pick up a pretty handy 18 year old instead?

Surely they are not that stupid that they are prepared to manipulate this, just to spite us and in the process detract from potential gains in the upcoming draft.
I think that a matched free agent must go into the National Draft first.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's actually really weird that they open the FA period on a Friday and don't allow any contracts to be put through over the weekend.

Either do it across the Mon-Fri before trade week or just make it part of trade week, seems weird having that one random day hanging out there.

It's actually really weird that they open the FA period on a Friday and don't allow any contracts to be put through over the weekend.

Either do it across the Mon-Fri before trade week or just make it part of trade week, seems weird having that one random day hanging out there.
Gives the media a couple of days to spin s**t I guess

Interesting to see how this all plays out if the rumours are true. Weird set up if you can manipulate your FA offer to benefit yourself on the actual compo pick and attempt to force a trade with that same club. Nothing would surprise me though. Shows you really how much BMac cares about his current club IMO.
What would we even accept for 3? Plus, could we not agree to it and reneg on the basis that according to the AFL its draft manipulation?

What would we even accept for 3? Plus, could we not agree to it and reneg on the basis that according to the AFL its draft manipulation?
I don’t want to deal for 3 at all. Happy to flick 2 for Harley if it’s what the club really wants to do, but I think moving out of 2 and 3 is nuts.

This thread and all its posts is anxiety inducing; I read good speculative posts and then not so good

Sponge Bob Reaction GIF

Essendoom the same club that manipulated FA comp with Daniher and is proposing to do it in the Gresham deal wants to manipulate the FA compensation to screw us over?!? May they burn in hell 🔥
Their motto is, "Whatever it takes" and their coaches oversaw a failed regimen of PEDs in order to get them into finals contention so it is no surprise that they are up for further dishonest or manipulative conduct.

So **** can submit their application until 5.00 Friday that way no other club cant put in an offer after it is submitted and rejected by North and then it is between us and them..is that right?

Essendon supposedly has a war chest within their cap space so there is no reason to risk picking up McKay as a free agent as the alternative undermines their draft hand. All this talk of paying him only what he's worth is just to placate the base and do what they always do - "win" trade week. They will pay precisely the amount to trigger Band 1 and will we get Pick 3. They will tell their supporters that the AFL cooked the books to give us Pick 3 but that's utter bollocks offered up for morons.

It’s either this or they are just hoping we accept band 2 or they plan to trade their second round pick for Magoo and dare us to either take it or let him walk to the draft and get nothing for him. I can understand why they’d at least try to get us to accept band 2 (which we better bloody not). This is high risk brinkmanship stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s either this or they are just hoping we accept band 2 or they plan to trade their second round pick for Magoo and dare us to either take it or let him walk to the draft and get nothing for him. I can understand why they’d at least try to get us to accept band 2 (which we better bloody not). This is high risk brinkmanship stuff.

So **** can submit their application until 5.00 Friday that way no other club cant put in an offer after it is submitted and rejected by North and then it is between us and them..is that right?
We can match the offer. They then have to trade with us or he can nominate for the draft.

We can match the offer. They then have to trade with us or he can nominate for the draft.
Ben (and Todd) must be impressed at the way * are playing games with the free agency rules. Ben especially, the way they are playing him for a fool as he stands by and watches.

Maybe CCJ should have a quiet word with him about dignity and honour.

* are gunna drag this out and try to force us to agree to trade 3, or even pick 2, to them. I'd be ignoring all that if I was Brady.
Let em put up or fk off. Our draft hand still ridic strong, we can keep BMac.
Wouldn't a smart guy like Ben McKay be thinking that there is something fishy going on right now given that he's accepted the offer * have provided, but they've not submitted it to the AFL?

Or is he not that bright?

He has a manager. Is the manager completely independent or is he somehow conflicted? Seems strange that they aren't working to get the transfer sorted quickly.

Wouldn't a smart guy like Ben McKay be thinking that there is something fishy going on right now given that he's accepted the offer * have provided, but they've not submitted it to the AFL?

Or is he not that bright?

He has a manager. Is the manager completely independent or is he somehow conflicted? Seems strange that they aren't working to get the transfer sorted quickly.
Is his manager Ramanaskas? Would not surprise me in the slightest if Rama on board with the * shenanigans. Anyway, fair bit to play out, let's see what happens. In no way should we be dictated to though, just stand firm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back