Past #24: Sam Durdin - delisted after 21 NM games/1 NM goal - thanks Durds (drafted by Carlton in '22 MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to hear he'll be back this week. Will be great help down back for the vfl team. Wouldnt mind him getting some form and getting into the afl team in Daw's role. Whenever he has played AFL he hasnt looked out of place so this could be a fresh start for him.

I'm still a little confused on how the injury actually happened... how the **** does that even happen? Surely he has enough of a brain to open food packaging without hurting himself? I feel like its a cover up or something, it has to be! lol

I'm still a little confused on how the injury actually happened... how the **** does that even happen? Surely he has enough of a brain to open food packaging without hurting himself? I feel like its a cover up or something, it has to be! lol
Yeah, get the feeling De Goey's dog might be involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can see more upside to him over mckay. Has the better frame for afl and is more agile at ground level. If he gets over his laziness her will be handy

Ya get lazy and complacent with knives a lot of things can go wrong

Never really made any impact since we got him

Meh

He hasn't shown much at all for a 1st round pick (and potential number 1 pick at one stage pre draft.)

The issue now for Sam is that he has had a self confessed life changing experience.

Will this be enough to put a rocket under him in terms of his professional AFL career or will he just meander through 2019 and end up a journeyman through the lower levels of the VFL, SANFL and probably EFL for the next 10 years.

The basic talent is there - 6'6 - nice mark - great kick. He can play.

The 'effort' - or at least the appearance of wanting to win the ball against an opponent at all costs - is not there. We don't need Schimma/Jed/Archer type effort - but it has to be at a higher intensity than we have seen before.

The 'effort' is what will define Sam's career from here - if Sam 'wants it' he could be a really good 200 game KPP for us.

Good luck Sammy - we want you to succeed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back