Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no issues with Tarrant. His first 5 years at NMFC were a waste due to ongoing injuries. We then got a few good years out of him. I shall remember him as a very good solid player eg. Scottie Thomson.

I loved watching Wells play (even with Collingwood) but he became so fragile that he should have been sponsored by a Glass manufacturer. He was (early in his career) too brave for his body. So often he would be last player to get up from the ground when a pack had formed. I used to "pray" he wouldn't be injured. IMO he would have had a stellar career if he had been instructed to be a receiver. His one-on-one work was superb. Anyway it was not to be. Had a long career which promised/teased alot and only partially delivered.

I have no issues with Tarrant. His first 5 years at NMFC were a waste due to ongoing injuries. We then got a few good years out of him. I shall remember him as a very good solid player eg. Scottie Thomson.

I loved watching Wells play (even with Collingwood) but he became so fragile that he should have been sponsored by a Glass manufacturer. He was (early in his career) too brave for his body. So often he would be last player to get up from the ground when a pack had formed. I used to "pray" he wouldn't be injured. IMO he would have had a stellar career if he had been instructed to be a receiver. His one-on-one work was superb. Anyway it was not to be. Had a long career which promised/teased alot and only partially delivered.
You’re selling Scooter short, he was amazing. His desperation was elite, if that could be instilled in the current crop we’d be alright. AA player and deserved more selections in that team.

I mean....we need defenders badly......

2024?

Brings some xp to the backline and can't be much worse than what we have back there right now, could he? (Dunno what his form has been like in their VFL side) Even at his age

2024?

Brings some xp to the backline and can't be much worse than what we have back there right now, could he? (Dunno what his form has been like in their VFL side) Even at his age
Retirement is effective immediately. His hip is cooked.

2024?

I think his body is done. I don't think he made any appearances this year at VFL level.

Anyway, I think we got some very good work from Taz and together with Scotty Thompson, they played some excelent football for us. All the best Taz.

All the best in retirement to the namesake. Knew it was bad karma for him to go to Richmond.

I was adamant we should have offered 2 years straight away considering how f***** our defence has been and who knows, maybe he stays fit and healthy at North.

But hindsight says it’s a good thing we let Tarrant go as our defence has been sured up and has been flying since he left at the end of 2021 with the likes of stalwarts like McDonald, Corr and Ziebell steadying the ship.

This club is and has been run by donkeys. I have no issues moving on older players but the negligent list management means Robbie’s replacement is still an unknown.
Then again Logues knee injury was also s**t luck. Crap all round

Best of luck with the retirement Taz, was really sad to see you go. Wish it had ended another way.
4 shoulder reco's before getting into the team proper proves just how hard he had to work to make a career, and became one of the best backmen in the comp for a period.

Did think it was weird of the Tigers GM to not name North, just said "at Richmond and in the AFL".

Best of luck Robbie, come train our defense, couldn't do any worse than the current bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highlights surely included the Triple Towers era where it ended with the Social Club general area giving him the Bronx cheers when he took a mark against the Dogs.

Thank goodness someone through him Back and that 2015-16 era was sensational

Pity he had to give a goodbye speech at that Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back