Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

God it's good to see him back.

The team looks so much more organised with Tazza back there.

Will be unreal to have all of Tazz, Corr & McKay playing together in the future.
Was so much better yesterday than he’s first 2 games back .
Understand 100% considering what he had and the time he had off. Shows what a true champion of our club he has been and still very much is 👍

God it's good to see him back.

The team looks so much more organised with Tazza back there.

Will be unreal to have all of Tazz, Corr & McKay playing together in the future.

Taz and McKay ….those are some alpha gorillas right there

I think if he's sufficiently over his health concerns, and he is willing to take it, he should be offered the captaincy next year provided Ziebell retires.

McDonald and Simpkin have good leadership qualities but Robbie just has that footy and life experience to bring to the table in terms of keeping perspective and making leadership decisions and supporting the kids and you just know his form won't suffer one bit.

The way the demands of the game are going the added maturity I think is invaluable and the notion of finding that young star like Carey captaining for 8 years through a dynasty has been outdated for a while.

I think if he's sufficiently over his health concerns, and he is willing to take it, he should be offered the captaincy next year provided Ziebell retires.

McDonald and Simpkin have good leadership qualities but Robbie just has that footy and life experience to bring to the table in terms of keeping perspective and making leadership decisions and supporting the kids and you just know his form won't suffer one bit.

The way the demands of the game are going the added maturity I think is invaluable and the notion of finding that young star like Carey captaining for 8 years through a dynasty has been outdated for a while.

Why would Jack retire????

Its time to alternate Tarrant from forward to back for the rest of the season to help out Larkey when needed and then offer him the captaincy for 2022, and if he retires at the end of 2022 then hand it to a younger successor in Simpkin or McDonald.

Its time to alternate Tarrant from forward to back for the rest of the season to help out Larkey when needed and then offer him the captaincy for 2022, and if he retires at the end of 2022 then hand it to a younger successor in Simpkin or McDonald.
Maybe we could move him to the wing when kicking with the wind, and have him only captain on Sundays?

Maybe we could move him to the wing when kicking with the wind, and have him only captain on Sundays?
What do we do when we play at Marvel and the roof is closed? The way the fixture will be set up most of our games will be on Sundays anyway...Sounds good to me... ;) :laughv1:

Missed the beginning of the game. Did I hear right that Robbie gave that dog Josh Bruce a welcome by tearing his jumper off?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The end comes quite quickly, especially for defenders/ruckman. I know Robbie's had a big battle to deal with regarding the issues with his kidneys and left him out on the sideline for a while, so a bit of ring rust is expected.

However, either we brought him back too early out of necessity or he's still dusting off the cobwebs, because pre-surgery Robbie is not the same as what we're seeing now. He's getting beaten defensively more than he usually would, which is typically rarely, he still manages to pull of some magic now and then but it's a bit few and far between. I dno, I love Tarrant he's one of our greatest key backs but something still looks 'off' about him now several weeks back into his return.

It's a shame Corr-y ain't around because I would've shelved him for the season to recover, especially by now otherwise it feels like we're grinding him into an earlier retirement, which probably isn't too far away if we're being honest.

I honestly reckon he's been on the decline for 18 months now and it's not just related to his health issue.

He's an icon of the footy club and deserves to go out on his own terms. If he wants to play on next year then we should offer him a contract, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he calls it quits at the end of this year.

I honestly reckon he's been on the decline for 18 months now and it's not just related to his health issue.

He's an icon of the footy club and deserves to go out on his own terms. If he wants to play on next year then we should offer him a contract, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he calls it quits at the end of this year.
It can't be totally left up to him though. If we don't think he can go on, he won't get a new contract regardless of what he wants to do.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

That’s exactly who it reminded me of.

Reminded me of a very unpatriotic night watching the woodies play 2 French (I think) blokes.

The French dudes were ripped, big quads, the lot. Adonises.

The woodies were their usual insipid looking toneless selves.

Sure, the woodies won and sure, they're aussie. Yay. But something seemed wrong seeing 2 amateur bodybuilders getting toweled up by 2 blokes who looked like they had wandered over from their ANZ indoor cricket commitments to have a go at tennis.

It can't be totally left up to him though. If we don't think he can go on, he won't get a new contract regardless of what he wants to do.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Yeah, it's a tough one. But we're not exactly flush with KPD depth. I think that alone means that if he wants to play on we'll give him a contract.

I thought he was pretty good two weeks against the WB playing predominantly on Josh Bruce and keeping him to 2 goals. i also recall Buckets taking a heap of intercept marks that day. Easily gets another year with us with triggers for a 2nd IMO. Some facts
- Limited to no pre-season
- first time playing in Noble's new defensive structure and he is 5 games into it
- Majorly invasive surgery which must have been a tough to get back from both a physical and mental point of view
- The guy is an elite intercept mark and can kick it 60, all very important traits for any modern defence
- played yesterday in 22 degree heat coming from off a 6 day turnaround in wet sapping conditions with 2 x 3 hour travels.

All interviews done with North players over the last 3 weeks have referenced how good it is to have him back to help set them up in front of the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back