Player Watch #25 Tom McDonald - In to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched Willy Wonka today. Great movie! Gene Wilder is the best and couldn’t be more spot on for the role. No idea why the movie was remade, you’re not going to top that performance.

All this reminds me of Tom McDonald really.

I watched Willy Wonka today. Great movie! Gene Wilder is the best and couldn’t be more spot on for the role. No idea why the movie was remade, you’re not going to top that performance.

All this reminds me of Tom McDonald really.
My favourite bit is where he sells all the candy.

My favourite bit is where he sells all the candy.
I’m ignoring this.

The story reminds me somehow of the Harry Potter craze - what kid isn’t going to love the idea of a boat on a chocolate river? Or an invisibility cloak. It also shares that moralistic tone of the poor kid triumphs over the rich, greedy horrible kids.

All the kids in WW do a good job - Veruca particularly good

I’m ignoring this.

The story reminds me somehow of the Harry Potter craze - what kid isn’t going to love the idea of a boat on a chocolate river? Or an invisibility cloak. It also shares that moralistic tone of the poor kid triumphs over the rich, greedy horrible kids.

All the kids in WW do a good job - Veruca particularly good
I have no idea what happened to any of those kids but if the Girl who played Veruca didn't go on to have a successful career on stage id be shocked.

But for mine the most underrated character is this guy
1715497479280.png

I have no idea what happened to any of those kids but if the Girl who played Veruca didn't go on to have a successful career on stage id be shocked.

But for mine the most underrated character is this guy
View attachment 1987164
All his scenes are awesome. Also Tim Brooke Taylor - I love that his computer looks just like the one Graham Garden owned in The Goodies

The original movie is definitely the best but let's not mince words here - the book is infinitely better. There's whole scenes in the movie that weren't even in the book like the Slugworth employee poser and that ridiculous burping lemonade fan scene.
Glad to hear this - I got confused in the burping scene because I had no recollection of that being in the book

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Asides from that one kick on ANZAC eve, i feel like he's been pretty clean also

Me and my mates just call him the rolls royce of defence when he goes near the ball now. Because it's funny but also he keeps doing good things

I also forgot how much i liked the TMac baulking around campaigners at half back
Sold more candy than Willy Wonka over his career.

When we watched willy wonka and the chocolate factory as a kid, we would always fast forward the cheer up charlie song.
Everyone does.

"I've just decided to switch our Friday schedule to Monday, which means that the test we take each Friday on what we learned during the week will now take place on Monday before we've learned it. But since today is Tuesday, it doesn't matter in the slightest."

Also the actor who played Grandpa Joe had a coke nail in the film, fit in well at the dees! (Allegedly).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back