Past #26: Daniel Nielson - won't be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Dan

Remove this Banner Ad

Being given a few lessons here and there, but still liking what he's bringing.

As i said a way back........... was nearly delisted during the season, had the line through his name. Was VFL bound for remainder of the year then gonski.

Was named in the bests at VFL level and G. Brown was asked if he was taking the piss with voting. Apparently answered he's just clicked and now gets what it takes to be successful at AFL level.

We got lucky.

As i said a way back........... was nearly delisted during the season, had the line through his name. Was VFL bound for remainder of the year then gonski.

Was named in the bests at VFL level and G. Brown was asked if he was taking the piss with voting. Apparently answered he's just clicked and now gets what it takes to be successful at AFL level.

We got lucky.
Or he did. Or both.

We got lucky.
NN - are you talking about this season - that he was effectively 'delisted' this season or was it last season?

We got lucky.

I have heard this second hand from a friend who spoke to someone very close to the club. Looks to be a very good find down back.

Not sayin nielson didnt diserve it but all the reserve players were kissed on the dick this year with opertunities given how many injuries and oit of form players in the 1s all over tbe ground.

On SM-N9005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gotta take your opportunities where you get them.

Not sayin nielson didnt diserve it but all the reserve players were kissed on the dick this year with opertunities given how many injuries and oit of form players in the 1s all over tbe ground.

On SM-N9005 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Isnt that what the 2's are for? To replace the out of form or injured 1's? Deserved every game he got so far

Wow....home truths conversation took place?

On EVA-L19 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon Scott has got tougher and isn't getting the credit for it. You can include dropping goldy as an example.

On topic- no matter how or why Nielson looks very likely.

Fat fingers koshari?

On topic, he most certainly did deserve it. He didn't 'wake up' after getting a senior gig; he was playing really well for weeks prior to being elevated according to the likes of ansonholt.

Once he, Durdin and EVW gel together back there and have a more thorough understanding structuring up and supporting each other, I reckon it's looking quite promising. Impressed with his closing speed and his capacity, like Scooter, to play tall and short.

I must admit the form of Neilson had been a pleasant surprise.

I am still confused at what role he will eventually settle into? Before his stint at AFL Level I was under the impression he was a key back, but looking at him now he seems to have the speed to play on smaller forwards.

For those in the know, what are we grooming Neilson to be? A key back in the mould of Tarrant or a back to play on the quicker more agile forwards?

For those in the know, what are we grooming Neilson to be? A key back in the mould of Tarrant or a back to play on the quicker more agile forwards?

A quicker version of the Spud Firrito role, able to negate the third tall and/or keep up with and overpower the smaller types. Very versatile is Danny Bhoy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A quicker version of the Spud Firrito role, able to negate the third tall and/or keep up with and overpower the smaller types. Very versatile is Danny Bhoy.
So will we need to develop another KPD? One able to handle the big forwards?

A bit of this and also similar to Thompson who really played above his size for quite a while. If we'd had Tarrant fit and down back while Thompson was at his best he would have had an extra couple of AA's in my view.

So will we need to develop another KPD? One able to handle the big forwards?

We'll need more Taz types coming along for sure. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with McKay and Durdin for starters.

"Signed a new contract, so that was exciting, got that done and dusted so that's another year, it's nice to know the club wants me and sees me in it's future. "

"I've got that natural cold aggression, you know im really competitive, I hate losing, I hate people beating me, so if someone beats me in a contest I'm like, that's it they're not getting another one for the rest of the game"

Fat fingers koshari?

On topic, he most certainly did deserve it. He didn't 'wake up' after getting a senior gig; he was playing really well for weeks prior to being elevated according to the likes of ansonholt.

Once he, Durdin and EVW gel together back there and have a more thorough understanding structuring up and supporting each other, I reckon it's looking quite promising. Impressed with his closing speed and his capacity, like Scooter, to play tall and short.

Dat 'unsexy' 2014 draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back