Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been banging on about TT being the most talented player on our list for years but just because he's taller and tougher that doesn't elevate him about Wells.

Wells had elite endurance AND pace and proved his ability to kick crunch goals or perform pressure acts at the right time from pretty early. Could also find the pill pretty easily and use it to a high standard.

In fairness to TT he has played in some shocking teams so a crunch goal for him has been the chance to reduce the margin from 80pts to 74pts more than icing a win.

Have been banging on about TT being the most talented player on our list for years but just because he's taller and tougher that doesn't elevate him about Wells.

Wells had elite endurance AND pace and proved his ability to kick crunch goals or perform pressure acts at the right time from pretty early. Could also find the pill pretty easily and use it to a high standard.

In fairness to TT he has played in some shocking teams so a crunch goal for him has been the chance to reduce the margin from 80pts to 74pts more than icing a win.

To put things in racing parlance Wells is akin our Kingston Town, an absolute champion that couldn’t be touched when he was on but also had some issues with consistency (when not racing in Sydney) and his career curtailed by injury.

Someone/the club really needs to set TT up with a proper mentor (whether that’s already happened or whether TT would put the work in himself and accept it is a different story). He’s just posted an Instagram story of a text exchange, with what I’m guessing is his now ex-gf at 2:25am on Christmas morning after a big night on the drink which he immediately deleted.

I don’t like how this is trending I’m afraid. It’s more than just a footy issue.

Its a make or break pre-season for him because going by the comments in the training thread some of the boys are shocked on how hard they're being flogged haha

If he applies himself under Clarko, mark my words he will be our new Daniel Wells. The way TT moves and glides across the ground, his ankle breakers and elite foot skills is very similar IMO.
Wells however was a pretty gifted inside player in his 4th/5tg year that just lacked the size that TT naturally has.

Despite his size, I would say Daniel would be in the top 5 most naturally gifted inside North players of the millennium.

We have only seen glimpses of TT as a follower so far.

Someone/the club really needs to set TT up with a proper mentor (whether that’s already happened or whether TT would put the work in himself and accept it is a different story). He’s just posted an Instagram story of a text exchange, with what I’m guessing is his now ex-gf at 2:25am on Christmas morning after a big night on the drink which he immediately deleted.

I don’t like how this is trending I’m afraid. It’s more than just a footy issue.
Bust?

I know more about this than many on here. Yes, he needs to be very, very careful.

I know its under scrutiny atm but the advise clarko supposedly gave during his time at the hawks TT might need now.
Men without a good home structure or strong male role models really struggle without the luxury being on 700k contracts let alone on it.
Somethings obviously happening off field and it WILL reflect his performance on field.
Really hard dealing with stuff during Christmas time.

I know its under scrutiny atm but the advise clarko supposedly gave during his time at the hawks TT might need now.
Men without a good home structure or strong male role models really struggle without the luxury being on 700k contracts let alone on it.
Somethings obviously happening off field and it WILL reflect his performance on field.
Really hard dealing with stuff during Christmas time.
Oh the irony.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not looking good. Acting like a bloke who’s gotten a looooong way ahead of himself. And yes, ironically Clarko would be exactly the right guy to set him straight.

I'm not privy to the details of his current situation, but agree the signs aren't good. Looks to me like he needs a lifestyle turnaround and probably some mental health support. I just hope the club can identify that and that he's open to it

Given the accusations targeted at Clarko he or club might be very hesitant to give any advice on that. Almost kind of a lose/lose situation

Needed to be traded this year. Guy has more issues than Ukraine at the moment. If he hasn't seen the light yet he never will.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

All the talent in the world, all the opportunity within his grasp. But if he slides further then im off him. Cant carry blokes like that. They dont pull their weight, has an effect on the rest of the team too, either resentment or copycat behaviour.

To be clear, i want him to get it together and succeed. I want him winning our next norm smith in number 5. And of course there are other factors beyond his control. But another stagnation, or further slide, then he starts to cost more than he's worth.

I don't think we need to stick the boot in, he is obviously struggling with aspects of life. I hope the new football department team can guide him back to focusing on his footy but I think we should refrain from cheap shots at him, because he obviously pays too much attention to social media.

I hope he cracks in and turns the ship around and wish him the best of luck. I am not really stressing about it, we need him to mature and it can be a rocky road for young men that have a lot of distractions you and I do not have. I just hope the club can find the right structure/program that will work for him. I hope he does well for his own self, in so doing it will be a good outcome for the club and more importantly for my enjoyment... but some things are more important than footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back