Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flip side, I grew up with an alcoholic mother who'd belt my old man, would forget to pick us up from the bus stop after school and leave us to walk 10k home after waiting for over an hour (well before mobiles existed), or rock up swerving all over the road, and I'd have to physically remove her from the drivers seat against her will so that I could drive home (at age 14) with my younger sisters crying in the back. Women aren't the only victims of abuse/DV but on the whole the only ones the media like to get a hold of and run with, blokes just don't speak up about this stuff.
A man doesn’t die every day to the hands of a woman.

I said there would be more. This is the right decision and should have been done earlier imho. Too many to ignore. TBH I was staggered he trained this morning. Let's see if any Police charges come from the latest complaints.

Last edited:
Jesus mate. Sounds like life made you jump in the deep end pretty young. Sorry to hear that.
All good, left home at 17 to fend for myself and turned out alright, but my missus of 25 years is aware of it and knows that deep down I hold some resentment there despite having a good relationship these days with my folks and both now healthy and happy. What I will say is if anyone is the victim of abuse, go seek help, you might think you're alright but the brain is very good at burying traumatic experiences down deep but they are still there. I didn't realize it until I started seeing a psychologist about 10 years ago (at my missus' insistence), and then referred my to a hypnotist when all those experiences and feeling just came flowing out and I turned into a blubbering mess.

Will be very interesting to see how he responds now. His career well and truly hanging by a thread. Does he continue to blame others or does he acknowledge/make positive changes in his life?

FWIW, if the latter, I think he will play for North Melbourne in 2023.

Where are all the posters now that claimed the club had their hands tied and couldn't stand him down last year without him being charged?
In their defense, the club has now stood him down BECAUSE he has been charged. And it seems like this latest development is clearly serious enough that the club can't have him around any more, possibly for good. So it's probably the right call.

In their defense, the club has now stood him down BECAUSE he has been charged. And it seems like this latest development is clearly serious enough that the club can't have him around any more, possibly for good. So it's probably the right call.
No they haven't. He was charged weeks ago and the club did not stand him down. There were no more charges today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a s**t show.

Club backed him and backed him and backed him again. To a fault.

Then hours after backing him via statement from the President, the club has a dozen eggs on its face with a contradictory statement mere hours later.

I was disappointed with the club this arvo but I’m just downright pissed off now at this whole situation. Tarryn has obviously lied to the club about the extent of his scumbag behaviour.

I dont want to see him at the club again. Innocent until proven guilty yeah yeah - but people in privileged positions need to be held to a higher standard and Tarryn is s**t out of credits here. Mud sticks and the hammer will fall hard and fast for this young man now. Don’t think we’ll see him at AFL level again in any way shape or form.

Good riddance.

And North: Put the club first.

He hasn't been charged with anything new, they are stepping him down because another accusation was brought to light

All good, left home at 17 to fend for myself and turned out alright, but my missus of 25 years is aware of it and knows that deep down I hold some resentment there despite having a good relationship these days with my folks and both now healthy and happy. What I will say is if anyone is the victim of abuse, go seek help, you might think you're alright but the brain is very good at burying traumatic experiences down deep but they are still there. I didn't realize it until I started seeing a psychologist about 10 years ago (at my missus' insistence), and then referred my to a hypnotist when all those experiences and feeling just came flowing out and I turned into a blubbering mess.
Sorry to hear it mate, glad to hear you are hopefully in a better space

No they haven't. He was charged weeks ago and the club did not stand him down. There were no more charges today.
What I stated is still accurate. He was stood down AFTER he was charged. Not before. That was my point.

And yes I'm aware that there were no more charges today, only additional allegations.

Our interventions seemed to only convinced Tarryn to post some of the worst workout videos ever seen to man. Even beyond all of this s**t the guy treats his footy and fitness like a joke too and was never going to have what it took to be one of the best. Looking forward to replacing him with someone that wants to actually wants to fulfil their potential.

He's finished at North.

Of course, he'll go away, cop whatever punishment the law rightly dishes out, come back and play in a local league, get a last minute lifeline from whoever is going to win the flag anyway, play in a premiership, and be the AFL's new Pickett/Stengle miracle redemption story.

But even then, North have, belatedly, done the right thing.

Society is so soft these days.

In my day you could grab a handful and make comment of the size of one t***ies. Brown paper bag, stern talking to and it never happened. Vanished. Could you imagine pissing away two flags over an episode of drunken stupidity? Now tasty texts and you're career is done.

I'm so annoyed I'm goin' down to the local pub for a good ol' blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back