Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club needs to be working with the AFL to terminate his contract with the minimal cost to the club. Move the peanut off of the list and hopefully the end of his AFL career with us.
This isn’t just stupid behaviour anymore. These are actions of a man that is deliberately trying to get sacked
Perhaps he thinks that he’ll walk away with 1.7 years of pay.

So I completely agree with you. Do what we can to limit financial damage and truck him off pronto.

I can't believe this is the same kid who took himself out to the Cunnington farm 3 years ago to live and train in anticipation of footy starting back up.

Where did it all go wrong?
It's the AFL industry unfortunately, a young kid being the centre of adulation by fans, and media attention on their every move, throwing in large amounts of dollars that puts them in the top 1% of income earners and some don't manage it too well. Unfortunately there are some in the AFL industry that seems to think being associated with the AFL in some way elevates them above so called Pleb's!

This isn’t just stupid behaviour anymore. These are actions of a man that is deliberately trying to get sacked

So I completely agree with you. Do what we can to limit financial damage and truck him off pronto.
This.

I'd hypothesise that he has zero interest in staying at North and is trying to push enough buttons to be terminated and paid out his remaining salary ($700k per yr alleged). Then looking at being picked up at another club (GC?) with his North payout and a new contract to set himself up.

I don’t think he’s thinking that far ahead, I think he’s cooked and more interested in where the next parties at.

It's the AFL industry unfortunately, a young kid being the centre of adulation by fans, and media attention on their every move, throwing in large amounts of dollars that puts them in the top 1% of income earners and some don't manage it too well. Unfortunately there are some in the AFL industry that seems to think being associated with the AFL in some way elevates them above so called Pleb's!
Thats an excuse to be honest m8. There are many young AFL players who have achieved so much more than Thomas and dont carry on like him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They lost me when they said Ben Williams was a good manager.
TBF though, we dont know what Ben is saying to his client...

Just from an external view however, I do agree with you

The club needs to be working with the AFL to terminate his contract with the minimal cost to the club. Move the peanut off of the list and hopefully the end of his AFL career with us.
We need him de-registered as a player ideally for 5 years or more but 3 years might be acceptable.

Hopefully that would void his contract and it would prevent him from being picked up by any rivals stupid enough to take a gamble on him.

That would imply that there is some sort of logic behind his behaviour. There are easier, less self-destructive, more effective ways to get sacked.

This is just a dickhead who gives zero shits being a dickhead giving zero shits.

Either way, Jen needs to be working with the AFL today working out a way we can set him adrift at minimal cost to the club.

If Joyce was still at the club he would have traded TT for Gold Coast's pick 5 last year when they enquired.

Then he would have swapped that and pick 23 for West Coast's pick 8 and future 1st (they really wanted Ginbey and were worried someone else would snap him up earlier).

Allowing us to take Busslinger in 2022 and Archer Reid in 2023.

I know this because he told me he'd do exactly that.
Rightio. The same banana that signed Polec to a 5 year deal would've done that? Turn it up. :stern look

Alarms bells should of been ringing when he was best mates with JHF the flog…

TT in his own mind thinks ppl are looking at his posts thinking what an alpha, doesn’t care what ppl think, what a star…

In reality ppl that matter think he is a ******* - plain an simple!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This is the problem with Gen Z. They have grown up in this fake Insta world that glorifies US consumerism. They see the way these American influencers, NBA players and flogs like Andrew Tate conduct themselves and think they need to portray themselves in a similar fashion to be cool.

Unfortunately, they lack the life experience &/or are too stupid to realise the boastful, extravagant aspects of US culture are completely out of whack with mainstream Australian culture that prioritises modesty and the tall poppy syndrome. So instead of people thinking he’s ‘cool’ or ‘alpha’, most Aussies see him and think “what an absolute w@nker” - which he totally is.

TT didn’t have the intelligence or the maturity to handle a $750k p.a. contract when the club foolishly decided to give him one. Hopefully we spend our salary cap more wisely in the future. I’ve had a gutful, he should be sacked immediately.

TT didn’t have the intelligence or the maturity to handle a $750k p.a. contract when the club foolishly decided to give him one. Hopefully we spend our salary cap more wisely in the future. I’ve had a gutful, he should be sacked immediately.
As much as I and others did not like Scotts as coach, there was merit in his encouragement for players to invest in property so that at least a portion of what they earn isn't pissed up against the wall.

If you were his manager, would you be advising him to post videos partying in Sydney or just maybe, a PR campaign (bullshit or not) showing him training or advocating for victims of domestic violence or some other token gesture that he atleast shows he gives a * about playing again?

Every post I see is like a big to the club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He has the same Manager as JHF. Putting together 2 + 2, this guy has form in getting his players to purposely misbehave to get them to a destination.

If a trade request comes at the end of the year to Port, the AFL should investigate.

He has the same Manager as JHF. Putting together 2 + 2, this guy has form in getting his players to purposely misbehave to get them to a destination.

If a trade request comes at the end of the year to Port, the AFL should investigate.
TT and JHF spent a lot of time together, I think they’re the common dominator.
I’d agree suss as fook if they end of at port together but I’ve got as much money on port being the absolute last place he ends up at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back