Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part III] - 18 week suspension confirmed; ineligible to play in '24 season; NMFC has officially sacked Tarryn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not by anyone credible. You're conflating two things poorly here.
So who is the credible source here? An ex girlfriend? LOL

Unless the AFL was a part of the relationship itself then you can’t claim the source is credible at all. The whole investigation is based on someone’s version of the truth and text messages. Seems eerily similar to last years farce where people were given one sides version of the truth.

You would hope the AFL has more than some text messages. They would want to have concrete evidence to prove abuse has taken place to hand out a penalty of this magnitude.

Last edited:

They will do anything to lay the boots into our club wont they 🤬
If only we could draft with hindsight. We'd have the greatest list ever assembled. From memory TT was picked earlier than expected and we were obliged to match the bid because we were never going to let him go elsewhere. Just a cheap point scoring exercise by Healy at our expense.

What does it matter if she chose the AFL over the police or if she wants to * his career over. Side show. Irrelevant. Completely separate discussion about the nature of justice etc etc. Only becomes relevant to us if it's a complete stitch up. What matters is his conduct, and yes that includes the full context of the messages. The AFL will be able to tell if it's in the middle of a full blown mutual argument, or if he's being baited, or if he's just a dropkick dickhead, and when a shitload of lawyers (the actual word for a group of lawyers) are being paid a shitload of money by a shitload of different parties then the AFL are going to struggle to make it something it's not. The punishment might end up being excessive but I'll guarantee the 'crime' would be real.

The bolded is why I upgraded my like to love.

Tom Morris credibility in tatters.

Claimed 18 weeks.
Doubled down on it repeatedly.
AFL says they haven't made any such decision.
Claims AFL definitely HAVE ratified a 18 week suspension, despite direct quotes to the opposite.
Say it will be announced the next day (today).
Quote retweets multiple reports that run with his 18 week claim.
Further reports the next day say 12 weeks, and AFL publicly states they're still reviewing the case and no decision made.
Tom completely missing from socials.

:p

bevo.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m pretty sure they lead the claims, but I apologise for derailing

The Rioli's weren't involved in the 3 claims that made up part of the ABC article. They had other issues with Hawthorn, particularly involving Kennett and another incident with a senior player on an overseas trip, and they were interviewed for the follow up investigation and then signed on for the HRC process.

Would I be right in assuming that, knowing the football media would likely lead with the most salacious, damning or shocking of the texts right off the bat, that 'and for the girls i abused i would do again, after what they did to me if you do me wrong i will let you have it' is the worst of the lot? if that is the case, this is a major beat up, a beat up that a spiteful, petulant, self important, domineering little prick with the emotional regulation skills of a toddler probably deserves to cop, but a beat up none the less.
As a few people have postulated, the AFL will probably just keep him on ice for a year then serve him up to one of the Vic big 4 👍

They will do anything to lay the boots into our club wont they 🤬

It’s ridiculous. There’s so many draft stuff ups in “hindsight “.

Hopefully we’ll have our fun over the next decade with Harry, George, Colby and Zane. And the rest. You just have to draw a line and move on.

Would I be right in assuming that, knowing the football media would likely lead with the most salacious, damning or shocking of the texts right off the bat, that 'and for the girls i abused i would do again, after what they did to me if you do me wrong i will let you have it' is the worst of the lot? if that is the case, this is a major beat up, a beat up that a spiteful, petulant, self important, domineering little prick with the emotional regulation skills of a toddler probably deserves to cop, but a beat up none the less.
As a few people have postulated, probably just keep him on ice for a year then serve him up to one of the Vic big 4 👍
Seems more of a way of coping than assessing if im honest

Seems more of a way of coping than assessing if im honest

Well no, cos the kid is gone. It would be coping if I was hoping he might stay/this would all blow over. It's genuinely what I think (not knowing these people from a bar of soap and not having any details other than out of context dribs and drabs the footy industry excels at)

As a few people have postulated, the AFL will probably just keep him on ice for a year then serve him up to one of the Vic big 4 👍
I also want to know who the texts were sent to? They can’t be the complainant because the tone is that it’s directed at others and not the message recipient.

If these messages have been handed to the AFL from the complainant then they have received them from someone else.

The tone of those texts reads like a response to someone being told that certain individuals are out to get them.

Now should he have sent them….. no. But if the context is around these lines, how many people can put their hand up and say they haven’t reacted in a similar way when they have been told by a friend that someone is trying to heck them over?

It will be either the Big 4 or one of their expansion darlings.

And we will have it shoved down our throats that their culture has helped him become a changed man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back