Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part III] - 18 week suspension confirmed; ineligible to play in '24 season; NMFC has officially sacked Tarryn.

Remove this Banner Ad

But it's not just emojis is it....
No idea really but the point of bringing up Dustin Martin was that was in the public forum and provides some sort specific AFL baseline on behaviour towards women which resulted in a suspended $5k fine.

It is no different than posters bringing up all the incidents that players got off and Logue gets a week, or Byron Pickett suddenly getting a 6 week suspension for what had been routine play the previous 7 years of his career.

The AFL has a history of using people as examples. "Fresh" allegations could be disingenuous reporting, they could be new as in a recent time line, or they could predate the body of work TT has already completed.

Draper or gtfo

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said , I have only read a few comments in the thread so if it was continual comments than I am glad you called out racism. I remember the chats we have had. Not many people understand Intergenerational trauma. Most don't understand its devastating impact unless they have lived it. Adam Goodes is a hero. Bolt is a racist flog. Privilege will always exist whilst many Aboriginal people are seen as a sub species.

Tarryn came in for a terrible belting from plenty on here when he did this.

Which was well before any of the current pff field stuff.

Same lines - he should be concentrating on footy, coz he doesn't trai hard enough, focus on what matters etc.

I mean he probably spent half an hour posing for the photo the artist painted the mural off.

Wonder why this particular half an hour enraged so many people.

images - 2024-02-03T095438.335.jpeg

Not that people of today should be accountable for atrocities that happened not in their lifetime.

Acknowledging the past atrocities targeted at a group of people and the ongoing impact that it has on their descendants today doesn't mean that you are also blaming the descendants of the people who committed the atrocities.

Acknowledging the past atrocities targeted at a group of people and the ongoing impact that it has on their descendants today doesn't mean that you are also blaming the descendants of the people who committed the atrocities.
Ok…..so how do we acknowledge it then?

Tarryn came in for a terrible belting from plenty on here when he did this.

Which was well before any of the current pff field stuff.

Same lines - he should be concentrating on footy, coz he doesn't trai hard enough, focus on what matters etc.

I mean he probably spent half an hour posing for the photo the artist painted the mural off.

Wonder why this particular half an hour enraged so many people.

View attachment 1897557
Absolutely true, I remember that. I wouldn't even be surprised if Aaron Hall copped so much criticism on this board due to racism. He was an exciting player and often one of North Melbourne's best player, but if he missed a few kicks then he got completely bashed on here. The level of hatred compared to his performance (especially compared to his teammates) was so far off the charts. =

It depends on the context, but in the case of Australia day's date, we could pick a day that suits us all and make it a celebration of Australia, rather than the English claiming it.

Funny isn't it? That America's national day celebrates kicking the English out of America, and India's national day celebrates kicking the English out of India, but Australia's national day celebrates the English arriving in Australia. Funny probably isn't the right word. Sad might be a better way to sum it up.

Question/s on generational Trauma.
(I feel like I can ask this because I have immediate family members who were impacted by the Balkan wars in horrific, torturous and murderous events experienced over multiple generations - right up until 91. However, I should preface by saying I don’t have an opinion or share angst against the group that caused the suffering.)

When it comes to the wider Australian context, despite the population that is 100% aboriginal, which if I’m correct, is it like, 1%? Would it be fair to say those same 99% share European genetics?

Let’s take, I don’t know, Jy Simpkin for example. When they deal with generational trauma, are they feeling these emotions through the experiences of the aboriginal side they possess? Which makes sense.

But what about the European side they possess that contributed to settling/migration patterns and passing on of DNA? And the violent conquering side? Is there also inter-generational conquering?

As far as I know, when it comes to genetics - you can’t just flick a switch and chose to be more of something.
You may chose to live a life which doesn’t participate in the culture festivities.

Like how do we pick and chose which genetics we don’t side with, when for a large population, they identify as both based on their DNA?
"Intergenerational trauma is when the original traumatic experience is transferred from parents to children, and then grandchildren and so on. This is thought to be a result of learnt behaviour and alternations to internal workings with biological changes in the body due to stress (see Trauma Poster on Epigenetics)"

Because white immigrants have had a much easier time adapting to the Australian way of life and have been far less discriminated against than the indigenous population, we tend to not experience the intergenerational trauma as much. We can have intergenarational trauma, it's just not as widespread. It has nothing to do with identifying with your DNA.

no crime in having an affair, but doing it with your mate's missus who is also the VC of the club, makes it pretty hard to mend fences as a playing group. Had it have been an affair with any other mate's missus who wasn't a player would have turned out differently, regardless of what moral/ethical issues it may have raised.
Let's be completely honest though. If it had been the wife of the 38th player on the list, then it's somewhat less likely that Carey would have been forced out. I might be underselling the ethical standards of that playing group, but rumours of this sort of thing happening at different times and at different clubs tended to see the better player staying and the lesser player having to make a decision of his own.

A lot was made in the media of Carey and Stevens being best mates but that was never true. Neither served in the official party at each other's wedding for instance. They were captain and vice-captain, but that relationship carries no extra meaning.

Absolutely true, I remember that. I wouldn't even be surprised if Aaron Hall copped so much criticism on this board due to racism. He was an exciting player and often one of North Melbourne's best player, but if he missed a few kicks then he got completely bashed on here. The level of hatred compared to his performance (especially compared to his teammates) was so far off the charts. =
You are replying to one of the all time great Aaron Hall bashers, mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know that I agree with that. I think that there's more white people in Australia who are suffering from the effects of intergenerational trauma than there are total indigenous people.
Probably but by widespread I mean relative to the size of the community.
You are replying to one of the all time great Aaron Hall bashers, mate.
Was I? :eekv1: I mostly remember that Flogstradamus guy. I don't know if any single person can be called racist for bashing Hall, but when so many people were doing it it did feel like there was a racial component to me.

I hated Hall by the end for his onfield stuff ups, but always said his leadership in addressing the group during BLM was one of the most impressive things I've seen a player do at Arden Street.

I know hey, fancy a Stolen Generation Aboriginal coming into a thread about a young Aboriginal player who is struggling and caring about his welfare and understanding where he has come from. Fancy an Aboriginal man caring about his wellbeing. If that is being a flog. I am happy to keep being one.

Your contributions here are very welcome.

I hated Hall by the end for his onfield stuff ups, but always said his leadership in addressing the group during BLM was one of the most impressive things I've seen a player do at Arden Street.

Same, I chatted with him when he was first recruited and was very impressed. I really wanted him to go well and for a long time, I was pumping up his tyres on this forum. But I dropped off due to the onfield stuff ups, as you rightly label them, and at the end I just wanted him out of the team forever. It had become clear that the knocks on him from GC were valid.

Apart from liking him as a person, my views were purely about his football.

I said what I said and I will stand by it. You might want to check comments in other threads. Wish other people had the balls to call out these attitudes. Thomas would not be copping the focus he did, if people called this out more often.
The focus is on Tarryn because of the implication of domestic violence.

Same, I chatted with him when he was first recruited and was very impressed. I really wanted him to go well and for a long time, I was pumping up his tyres on this forum. But I dropped off due to the onfield stuff ups, as you rightly label them, and at the end I just wanted him out of the team forever. It had become clear that the knocks on him from GC were valid.

Apart from liking him as a person, my views were purely about his football.

Wayne Carey is the best footballer I've ever seen, but a putrid human being I'm sick and tired of defending

Jon Anderson on 3AW reported that he has heard the TT AFL interview did not go well for TT and that a suspension is looming. Just posting what was said.
Another victory for the process.

More leaks than a seive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back