Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part III] - 18 week suspension confirmed; ineligible to play in '24 season; NMFC has officially sacked Tarryn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just so disappointing. After 4 years of total garbage on and off the field, we are finally in a position where we can start to see some light at the end of the tunnel and then one of our most experienced, most talented, most important players, does this.

Regardless of what he's done, this is a huge kick in the guts for the club and its supporters.

And what's going to make this even worse is that next year, we'll have to watch him running around in another jumper, potentially as a reformed, young man. If he ever reaches his full potential, it's going to be awfully hard to watch.

That aside, it still baffles me how the AFL can take such a stand on this issue, yet at the same time, allow Marloin Pickett to continue to play without an issue. Someone facing far worse charges that could potentially result in jail time.

i know the AFL is an easy target, mostly thanks to themselves, but I think you're wrong on this one.

The AFL told everyone they're investigating and have remained tight lipped since.
They now decided on a punishment and said will publish it tomorrow. Presumably after talking to the club this afternoon.
TT's camp most likely the one's who have informed Tom Morris and co. Don't forget all our ITKs on this board weren't from the AFL either.
I guess it just seems a bit odd to me that the Commission can reach the point of finalising a massive penalty against a North Melbourne player without even disclosing the agreed upon facts, or whether the investigation has concluded, to the NMFC.

So can he play vfl/sanfl next year?
By the looks of it can’t go play at Cheltenham anymore.

I think it means he can't be deregistered at all. It's not a league rule, just lower rungs.

But he must have breached a behaviour clause somewhere.

He should be stood down immediately without pay.

If the AFL are slapping down 18 weeks, I cannot see how it attract criminal charges.

Preaching to the choir on this one, in particular if these are recent allegations. We can't keep giving to this guy but anything to do with pay must come down to his contract so still remains to be seen. As for criminal charges I guess that's up to the victim. All hard to read until we have... something to read.

So we're paying him 700k to sit on his hands for the next 18+ weeks?
Surely there is something in his contract where by if he breaches parts of it that he doesn’t get paid out the full contract amount?

The guy gets paid to play footy and if his behaviour has made that not possible, then he shouldn’t be rewarded with getting paid his full contract amount for the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what's going to make this even worse is that next year, we'll have to watch him running around in another jumper, potentially as a reformed, young man. If he ever reaches his full potential, it's going to be awfully hard to watch.
Elijah Taylor didn't get a second chance at an AFL club. He wasn't quite TT levels of talented, but he wasn't far off. Hoping the same fate befalls TT.

All the talk right now will rightly be how North must save face and delist him, but you can guarantee that fans on every other ******* forum will discuss picking him up. And if someone does, our noses will be getting rubbed in it in more ways than one. Suddenly moral qualms will go out the window.

Wish he could just be deregistered and have that be that.

If for some reason north keep him on the list can he play vfl
That would be
Elijah Taylor didn't get a second chance at an AFL club. He wasn't quite TT levels of talented, but he wasn't far off. Hoping the same fate befalls TT.

All the talk right now will rightly be how North must save face and delist him, but you can guarantee that fans on every other ******* forum will discuss picking him up. And if someone does, our noses will be getting rubbed in it in more ways than one. Suddenly moral qualms will go out the window.

Wish he could just be deregistered and have that be that.
Sorry are you suggesting TT punched and assaulted his partner with a belt like Elijah Taylor did and was found to be guilty by an actual court of law? If so where did you get the information as to my knowledge nothing has been published nor any convictions upheld?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back