Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember being so disgusted in a players performance as I was with Tarryn's "effort" today. The disappointment levels were already high and then the shot of him on the bench next to goldy came. Should not be anywhere near the afl again for 4 week minimum. A player of his talent should be getting 30+ and 2 goals in the vfl. He shows that for a few weeks in a row as well as really getting around the young guys, hitting a minimum number of tackles and pressure acts, lifts his training standards and generally shows he gives a f@*k. Shows up early to meetings, puts in extras after training, spends more than 2 nights in a row having a quiet night in, studying tape on how he can improve his game and smashes his iPhone to pieces with a hammer.
Only then can he even be considered to pull that jumper on again.
I do wonder how long they were waiting before capturing the "perfect" disinterested shot and highlighting it. They were on it for a while, so a director choosing to highlight one moment is not unusual.
That said, mentally he clearly isn't there. And I don't think he physically recovered from injuries either. Even a disinterested player moves well when they sniff a goal, Thomas hasn't done that this year. I'm not sure I would play him in the VFL next week, and not because he would be in the AFL side.

If the attitude is really as bad as that shot suggested, and as above I have a suspicion that was a very carefully chosen shot to highlight, I'm not even sure he can be around the playing group at all for the remainder of the season. He should be starting to become an on-field leader; he might not ever be an off-field one but he has the talent to lead by example. Right now, that example is not one we want anyone to be following. edit: Maybe, just maybe, time away from the playing group, with some support and counselling provided (not just about football) would do the world of good - he may well have issues not at all related to football, just how we see them from outside.

Last edited:
i suspect the black armbands tell most of the story. that + struggling to get into the game in the first half seemed to tip him over the edge. just remember that you don't really know the guy or what's going on with him behind the scenes before you hurl abuse.

Congratulations to Tarryn for becoming the biggest w***er in AFL land, no mean feat given the high class field out there.
What bullshit excuse will the PR machine come up with in the coming days. Mental health, ADHD, family issues, injuries, upbringing, medication or some other crap.
This ******* idiot gets very well paid to kick a ball around. I’m doing an overnight shift tonight, in the cold and rain. I’m dreading it but I value my livelihood and what it gives my family so I will put in a decent shift. Maybe Tarryn can come and join me for a bit of a reality check. I really don’t care what he or other sportspeople get paid, deserve every cent as long as they ******* earn it. Most do, some like Tarryn are just frauds.

That could be the best thing that happened to him.
Idk Ferb, I don’t like it. I know it’s not exactly comparing apples to apples, but if I had total strangers talk that way to me about something I did at work I’d be a crap mix of filthy and completely disheartened. I see both sides of the argument and to say I was disappointed in him today is an understatement but this doesn’t pass the smell check to me.

Was it last year or the year before that Germard Healy highlighted his lack of effort in one game ?
From memory he went on to produce some very good games after that.

Maybe the media highlighting his poor display today will be the kick up the bum he needs.

Heard so many whispers about how poor his pre-season was and about how terrible his attitude has been. Really didn’t want to believe it, but the proof is in the pudding. Acting like a complete FIGJAM, but doesn’t have the form to back it up.

The game is going to pass him by ******* quick if he doesn’t extract the digit.

Need to find out why this sudden attitude has occurred and how to address it. This is looking bad for him and our club.

FMD.

Tarryn looks to be pretty immature based off that response.

If i was a player manager, I'd give up my own money to keep clients off SM. It would prove to be a good investment long term imo.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He seems like he’s allowed to have this poor attitude with no consequences atm.

Time for a few of the older heads to just take him out for a beer and have a chat. Ziebes, Hally, Boomer etc.

If he doesnt want to be at the club, then we make the decision and move on. If he is struggling wrap your arms around him.

Also, Noble needs to show he can be a modern day coach here. TT is clearly not a bloke that will react positively to a spray, so i would honestly just say to TT "where do you want to play" instead of throwing him around everywhere.

Just wipe today from the memory. it was an outlier.

Outrage in Bigfooty because a young kid does something stupid.

Most of the posters here are 40+ and jerk off thinking about earning that much money and bragging about it.

I'm not good at math but if we rated posters on stupidity divided by dollars earned then pound for pound BF has Taz covered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wipe today from the memory. it was an outlier.

Unfortunately today is becoming the norm for Tarryn.

He needs to shape up or * off.

If he's got issues to deal with he needs to man up and do it and not be molly coddled. He's a professional footballer and needs to start acting like one instead of a petulant child.

Most of the posters here are 40+ and jerk off thinking about earning that much money and bragging about it.

I'm not good at math but if we rated posters on stupidity divided by dollars earned then pound for pound BF has Taz covered
Are you following the thread conversation or just shooting BF down ?
Best you get onto FB and Insta to see the uproar and post this there as well

If he's got issues to deal with he needs to man up and do it and not be molly coddled. He's a professional footballer and needs to start acting like one instead of a petulant child.

Tend to agree, however hes a product of the environment.

Essentially got drafted at the age of 15 or 16 and from then has been told how good he is. Similar with JHF really.

That doesnt work in the big league. Your just another bare bum in the shower when you get to the AFL, in comparison to dominating the tassie league from before his balls dropped.

Idk Ferb, I don’t like it. I know it’s not exactly comparing apples to apples, but if I had total strangers talk that way to me about something I did at work I’d be a crap mix of filthy and completely disheartened. I see both sides of the argument and to say I was disappointed in him today is an understatement but this doesn’t pass the smell check to me.
Some of the comments are supportive. Some are harsh but fair., Some are pretty low.

He obviously benefitted from being around Hall and Cunners. Right now his ego is writing cheques the rest of him isn't cashing.

Maybe that injury messed with his head more than we realise.

Last edited:
While losing someone close is not what you would want , putting in an display like he did today should be unacceptable and he should be sent back to the VFL and only brought back if his form warrants it. Posts like he did on IG says a lot of his mental attitude toward others and the club and maybe he needs to talk to someone outside the club to help him. We have young players who would give anything to play in the team and he is currently holding them out..If things dont improve then maybe its time to trade him and getting someone who wants to play and commit to the club..l can see him being another talented player wasted like so many others...
I couldnt agree more. We also have Goldstein without a contract and he bleeds for this club. Doesn't seem right to me.

Some of the comments are supportive. Some are harsh but fair., Some are pretty low.

He obviously benefitted from being around Hall and Cunners. Right now his ego is writing cheques the rest of him isn't cashing.

Maybe that injury messed with his head more than we realise.
What sort of idiot goes onto someone’s personal page to make disparaging remarks about them?
It’s just a ******* football game at the end of the day.

I'm not as fussed about the comments. (10 years ago I might have called him a coconut over them but its more a pity he doesn't have anything more substantial to hold onto.) But i think you're probably right.

Its the gutless effort onfield.

If he's not prepared to change his attitude then we can't have him here next year. Unless he spends the year in the seconds. he might even have legit reasons to be behaving this way. But i sure hope not.
I was more commenting on the social media post rather then onfield.

Regards to onfield, there’s certainly something rotten at the club, we’ve got about 12 players at any one time with the absolute inability to run, whether that’s creating play from behind or in front of the ball..
the lack of repeat efforts or gut running is damning.

So your argument essentially boils down to people are ticked off because they are just jealous?

It's not just him making the comment itself, it's that it seems to represent a potential pattern of behavior from TT given he was literally just dropped for failing to meet team standards. Now after being promoted back to the AFL team he has a career worst game, exhibits petulant behavior on the bench while the team gets done by 57 points, and decides his priority is arguing with random knobheads on instagram 10 minutes after the game ends.

I don't think it's unreasonable for supporters to expect a little humility and professionalism from someone the club has supported for probably close to a decade at this point. If Tarryn was actually performing on field I doubt you would find as much outrage at such a stupid comment either.

Here we go…..

‘Get paid 10x more than you’: Tarryn Thomas hits out at fan as family ‘bereavement’ revealed’

People are completely ignoring why this behaviour is occurring.

We have a very unhappy playing group and most of it stems back to one person

But on his comments, they are s**t and pretty pathetic.

The best thing he could do now is actually apologise on his instagram for pretty much spitting in the face of every North Melbourne member. Regardless of the numpties posting to him, you have to be better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back