Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure if anyone else has seen this but over the preseason I went to watch training once, and his running was poor. Basically being lapped and also was far behind the first years.

I’m not sure if anyone else has seen this but over the preseason I went to watch training once, and his running was poor. Basically being lapped and also was far behind the first years.

Is it possible that he was on an entirely different workload program on the one day that you were at training?

Is it possible that he was on an entirely different workload program on the one day that you were at training?
Not sure, I got there late, but he was starting his laps at the same point as the first years, completed the same amount of laps and he was far at the back of the pack.

His endurance isn't his best attribute but this sounds way off.

He mightn't be near the best, but he certainly isn't being lapped by 1st year players.

His endurance isn't his best attribute but this sounds way off.

He mightn't be near the best, but he certainly isn't being lapped by 1st year players.
Nah he wasn’t being lapped by the first year players. He was definitely the worst runner of the bunch however

Took a contested mark in our forward line. I'm paying $1500 for a framed photo to commemorate the event.
Just don’t see how or where the improvement will come from him in the forward line. He’s probably our most skilled footballer and he gets the ball less than 10 times per match.

It’s our perogative to get the footy in this lads hands.

TT is a lazy footballer.

He needs to wake up and get involved.

At the moment, if he doesnt win the contest, he spectates.

He needs to get angry and hungry, if he wants to make it.

He is only young, but his attitude must change....

He looked plenty involved to me.

TT is a lazy footballer.

It's lazy analysis to throw the word "lazy" around every time a colored footballer is discussed. Bit racist too no?

It's lazy analysis to throw the word "lazy" around every time a colored footballer is discussed. Bit racist too no?

Umm wait, your saying Johnny is being racist for calling someone lazy while you call him lazy?

Oh i remember now. To be a non racist, you have to treat people differently based on the colour of their skin these days. Forgive me, im old enough to remember when logic was a thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TT is a lazy footballer.

Disagree. I think he's working hard and his defensive game is improving week on week.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

On the positive side, he has goals in 4 out of 5 games so far and is equal second in our goal kicking. His possession count is also up on his first two seasons so it is heading in the right direction. Having said that he is no where near where we thought he would be now off the back of his first season where showed us he had plenty of tricks and was a constant threat around goals. He had one patch of 8 games where he goaled in 7 of them.

His second season was basically a write-off. Even before he got injured his output was down and it wouldn't have been harsh if he was dropped. It looks like he is a bit fitter this year but still nowhere near fit enough to consistently stay involved and be a threat over 4 quarters. He has scored 2 goals 8 times but never 3.

Wouldn't be against starting him in the middle or across half-back this week.

He looked plenty involved to me.

Same. Every time I looked he seemed to be the player putting on pressure with his tackle and working over the player. It was very noticable on TV how often he was the pressure player. He strikes me as a the type of guy that isn't a natural extroverted type of player and that having a real job on the field is the best to keep him involved. It's a bit like taking your rolls bush bashing but he's still a baby. If giving him the role as a forward pressure player or off half back is what it takes to keep him close to the ball - where good things tend to happen - so be it.

He's going pretty well for me, has missed quite a bit through injury and is trending up on most of the key metrics again this year. Patience required. Players grow over years, not games.

1618819631034.png

Fair to say he's playing a few different roles.

Disposal count has been 12,12, and 11 the last three games, which I'm a bit peeved at, but he's being utilised across the ground and having noticeable impacts in the middle and up forward. Only one game so far without scoring a goal and he's averaging 2 scoring shots per game which is a pretty great result.

Has to be hitting that 15 disposal mark more often though, we're already struggling with too many low possession winners.

View attachment 1106630

Fair to say he's playing a few different roles.

Disposal count has been 12,12, and 11 the last three games, which I'm a bit peeved at, but he's being utilised across the ground and having noticeable impacts in the middle and up forward. Only one game so far without scoring a goal and he's averaging 2 scoring shots per game which is a pretty great result.

Has to be hitting that 15 disposal mark more often though, we're already struggling with too many low possession winners.
That heat map tells a story though. He gets everywhere - true highly skilled utility at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back