Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That heat map tells a story though. He gets everywhere - true highly skilled utility at the moment.
A highly skilled utility that can't get the ball = a bit of a nothing player imo

I really like TT, but 12 possession games are pretty *ing average.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

A highly skilled utility that can't get the ball = a bit of a nothing player imo

I really like TT, but 12 possession games are pretty f*n average.

The challenge is going to be to find the right part of the ground to maximise his talent. You want the ball in his hands.

The challenge is going to be to find the right part of the ground to maximise his talent. You want the ball in his hands.
Youre right we need the pill in his hands. In a way reminds me of Wells......smooth mover, good user and always has time. Recall Wellsy taking a season or 2 to become more consistent...hopefully its the same with TT and he starts to ramp up his numbers

Averaging 13 touches all over the ground and a goal a game with defensive nous too.

Think the club would be okay with his progress.

I don't think they see him as an offensive runner standing 10 metres off his man and slicing blokes up with 25 touches unless that's what the game calls for.

He's a utility who can be plugged anywhere (including defensive roles) and it will take a while to learn that role but I think it is in the best interests of the team going forward.

Still building his tank and half forward is a barren wasteland for us atm. Least of my worries. Not against the TT half-back call until Hall is back. Let him collect cheap leather off HB for a week or two. Would allow Young to play more wing like he did on the weekend.

Last edited:
Just happy for continuity and the odd sign. Like a banging long goal or great contest mark. Which he's been doing.

The high talent level is there, just keep building up the experience and continuity in his physical makeup.

This post is relevant to about 15 of our players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just happy for continuity and the odd sign. Like a banging long goal or great contest mark. Which he's been doing.

The high talent level is there, just keep building up the experience and continuity in his physical makeup.

I would agree with you if Tarryn was picked up in the Rookie draft.

But a top ten pick...you should expect more.

He is not a first year player anymore....

Get where you're coming from but he's a lightly built tall kid in his 3rd season.

If he's producing these numbers in 2 years you'd be concerned.

This, we don't need to s**t on him, but he has higher expectations now than 12 possessions a game and being involved in the game for 20 minutes of the 2hrs of game play.

He's in his 4th year next year (LDU and Stephenson's in their 4ths now), which is when they usually make the big step up and you can generally tell those that aren't going to really break out, so no panic stations yet.

Unfortunately, he's looking more like Raph Clarke than Shaun Burgoyne atm.

Hope you guys don't mind me intruding but Thomas was a very high quality mid as a junior playing at the u18 champs as a 16 year old. He has been playing as a forward up until this year and for significant periods this year. Personally I didn't think that really suited him. Now he is being moved periodically back to the midfield and he is flashing his talent but he is not consistent. I think he is still working out what the couch wants from him in the middle of the ground and trying to do what he is asked and not just chase the ball.

I am confident that he will develop nicely if he keeps getting midfield time and I would actually like him to get some inside time which he is not getting at the moment. The one concern for me is that he is still getting buffeted around too easily in body on body contests. I would like to see him be stronger and more balanced in those circumstances.

If he’s kicking 2 goals a game and setting up a couple more it’s fine but not if you can’t kick straight etc
He isn't though.

He's averaging 1.2 goals a game, 0 score assists and 3.6 score involvements. Goal accuracy - 46.2%

His defensive game is his weapon imo and if given space could cut teams up with his kicking and run and carry.

He isn't though.

He's averaging 1.2 goals a game, 0 score assists and 3.6 score involvements. Goal accuracy - 46.2%

His defensive game is his weapon imo and if given space could cut teams up with his kicking and run and carry.

Swap him with Atley and he'll still sneak up and kick a goal a game. Atley would be better on a hff to imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back