Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL+Academy+v+North+Melbourne+VFL+HVNOT2XGJLQl.jpg
AFL+Academy+v+North+Melbourne+VFL+1IaaeRqYiYPl.jpg

First time I have watched a Thomas game live and saw "it" with him. Has plenty to work on but had a great second half on Saturday.

Bailey Scott had a very strong first half and was impressive.
TT definitely turned it on in the second half.

A fella I know in talent I.D believes his had north in his sights for a long time.

Obviously things change but I’m very confident Scott will end up at north

T.Thomas, Bailey Scott and a top 10 draft pick is my bare minimum expectation for draft season. If we exceed that I'll be very happy, but that's just me tempering expectations a little.

T.Thomas, Bailey Scott and a top 10 draft pick is my bare minimum expectation for draft season. If we exceed that I'll be very happy, but that's just me tempering expectations a little.

I hope somehow we get creative and get
Some more picks inside the top 30. We really need to hit this draft hard.

I said the same thing last year. If we had of got a couple more picks inside 30. We could’ve added a couple of guys like Constable, Kelly, Spargo, H.Brayshaw or Joel Garner. All those mentioned would’ve played a considerable amount of game time this year.

I said the same thing last year. If we had of got a couple more picks inside 30. We could’ve added a couple of guys like Constable, Kelly, Spargo, H.Brayshaw or Joel Garner. All those mentioned would’ve played a considerable amount of game time this year.

My memory's a bit shoddy but we traded a few draft picks last year in favor of this year with the highest being Round 2 I believe. Looking at how Freo did it last year, that's how I hope it'll be with some smart trades netting us higher picks. As much as it might hurt, we can afford to trade out someone like Atley and Goldstein.

We're lucky to have F/S's and a top tier Academy player this year otherwise I'd be scratching my head as to how we get more than 2 top 30 picks.

My memory's a bit shoddy but we traded a few draft picks last year in favor of this year with the highest being Round 2 I believe. Looking at how Freo did it last year, that's how I hope it'll be with some smart trades netting us higher picks. As much as it might hurt, we can afford to trade out someone like Atley and Goldstein.

We're lucky to have F/S's and a top tier Academy player this year otherwise I'd be scratching my head as to how we get more than 2 top 30 picks.

We swapped our third rounder this year for west coast and st kildas third rounder this year.

I kinda want us to try and move up our second pick to before Thomas/Scott territory. So maybe something like

Pick 3

Pick 12

Thomas matches bids

Scott matched bids

Maybe Crocker if possible

Might take some creativity but I'm sure it's possible

First time I have watched a Thomas game live and saw "it" with him. Has plenty to work on but had a great second half on Saturday.

Bailey Scott had a very strong first half and was impressive.
Yeah ditto. I had honestly been a bit meh on the video highlights I'd seen. Live and in the context of a whole game he looked really good.

Give our run of games after this week, I'm very confident we'll getting a top five pick, probably top three.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joel would also come in handy for a friendly game of cricket.

Joel-Garner.jpg

Yeah ditto. I had honestly been a bit meh on the video highlights I'd seen. Live and in the context of a whole game he looked really good.

Gotta mate who reckons he is this bloke reincarnated.... just watch the first goal on this vid (1992 goal of the year)

I'll be interested to see how he goes for the Allies and Tasmania.

I want to see a few 25+ touch games in the champs, even off half forward or half back.

We can't afford to spend big on another high impact 15 possession type.

McDonald to an extent, Garner, Atley, Wood and even Simpkin (I think he will buck the others trend) at the moment are great, but you can't build a side around them, they are the cream and even then, they are a liability some of the time as 15-20 touches a game usually indicates inconsistency.

Some of our busts that looked decent have suffered from a fair bit of the same problems; Harper, McKenzie, Urquhart, Riggio etc just couldn't get their hands on the ball, as well as quite a few other deficiencies.

There's not many top 100 players in the competition apart from key forwards that average 15-20 touches a game.

The few like Rioli etc are even jeered at most of the time for being overrated because of it.

We need high possession winners.

Last edited:

I want to see a few 25+ touch games in the champs, even off half forward or half back.

McDonald to an extent, Garner, Atley, Wood and even Simpkin (I think he will buck the others trend) at the moment are great, but you can't build a side around them, they are the cream and even then, they are a liability some of the time as 15-20 touches a game usually indicates inconsistency.

Some of our busts that looked decent have suffered from a fair bit of the same problems; Harper, McKenzie, Urquhart, Riggio etc just couldn't get their hands on the ball, as well as quite a few other deficiencies.

There's not many top 100 players in the competition apart from key forwards that average 15-20 touches a game.

The few like Rioli etc are even jeered at most of the time for being overrated because of it.

He doesn't seem an accumulator at all to me

I’d go as far as getting a ball pig even with iffy skills- just need to get the ball in our hands more often

You don't think he'd be the best player available with our 2nd pick?

Because effectively that's what he will be this draft. Our 2nd pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back