Player Watch #27: Miller Bergman - BFNAAK - Extends to end of 2025 - to return from broken jaw in VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Whitfield is one of the smartest rebounding defenders in the league.

I don't think he gets close to that level.

He strikes me more as a Sam Wright style player, not really athletic, not particularly big, just a clean and neat footballer for the most part.

Unlike Wright did with MacMillan, Atley etc, Miller has probably one of the best groups of young half backs in the league to compete with a spot (McKercher, Sheezel, Goater, Fisher, Hardeman).

Even Hardeman might make it pretty difficult for him, as he looked very athletic on limited showing against other AFL bodies.
He's the JYD's lovechild.

Is McKercher a half back, can he actually play on someone?
Ditto Harry he looks like an on baller playing in the backline
And Goater quite possibly is not a backman either
I think the team is a complete jumble at present and man on man players like Bergman and most likely Hardeman will carve out a spot for themselves

I think the team is a complete jumble at present and man on man players like Bergman and most likely Hardeman will carve out a spot for themselves
Bergman's not much of a man on man player either at the minute. This has been a concern of mine too, frankly. McKercher and Sheez look good on paper, but it won't feel so great if Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum are running around in the opposition forward line doing what they like. I think last year we had a three game stretch conceding 6 to Weightman, 5 to Stengle, and 5 to Rankine.

It's why Jacko's injuries are so frustrating. He's one you can imagine being a serviceable lockdown type. Hopefully the coaches have something up their sleeve

Just watched the first half and thought he played really well. Lined up on the wing at times in the first before drifting back I think, hard to tell exactly on the tv. Fearless despite weighing as much as me, very nice skills, I have him best 22 atm.

I think there have been signs that Kerch can defend. He can definitely stick a tackle.
Goater has the tools to be an imposing defender.
George and Hardeman are the two who I can see being good defenders and provide rebound also. I think its the reason they have moved George back.
Fisher is the liability if he has to defend someone.

Bergman has a lot of competition for his spot I think.

Just watched the first half and thought he played really well. Lined up on the wing at times in the first before drifting back I think, hard to tell exactly on the tv. Fearless despite weighing as much as me, very nice skills, I have him best 22 atm.
Interesting
that 22 must be close to bursting
there is about10 backs who all have a show
i thought his thing was man on man and decision making as his strong points

Agree. With Jacko injured again, I could see Bergs cementing himself a spot in the back 6 in a back pocket role. A young bloke who is brave and will be willing to lock down quality small forwards. At the same time also provide a bit of dash, as he has the motor to run both ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne has opened its season with a strong win over the Northern Bullants, winning 11.15 (81) to 6.6 (42) at Arden Street Oval.

Forward Tyler Sellers had a day out, booting six goals while young defender Miller Bergman also impressed rolling out of defence, finishing with 29 disposals and eight inside 50s.

No mention of injury

North Melbourne has opened its season with a strong win over the Northern Bullants, winning 11.15 (81) to 6.6 (42) at Arden Street Oval.

Forward Tyler Sellers had a day out, booting six goals while young defender Miller Bergman also impressed rolling out of defence, finishing with 29 disposals and eight inside 50s.

No mention of injury
If he isnt injured, bring him in for McDonald.

i thought he looked awesome in the vfl. smooth.

normally when a random opposition supporter comes in with mail like this its true though, so that sucks.

Is the broken jaw legit? God wants McDonald to play for us.

Was absolutely everywhere in the vfl yesterday. In addition to Phillips, he was The cleanest on field. I wonder if wing is more his go. He will never have the strength to be a defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back