Player Watch #27: Miller Bergman - BFNAAK - Extends to end of 2025 - to return from broken jaw in VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody shame, because I think the whole Fisher, McKercher, Sheezel rotation is gonna be a real defensive issue this week. 5 extra cm would've been nice, not to mention his very un-Northlike composure with ball in hand

You are hitting a high point of tediousness with the Lmac drivel
He is a good solid experienced defender in a totally new back line
They never dropped JZ
The won’t drop Luke
Yes I love the way he used all that experience to give away a stupid 50 metre penalty to Luke Jackson and turn what was initially out of bounds on the full to a goal.

Joining Harvey on the sidelines is Miller Bergman, who suffered a fractured jaw from an Bullants player's shoulder during his 29-disposal outing.

"After pulling up sore post-game and subsequent swelling of the face later on Saturday evening, medical staff took Miller for scans which revealed a fracture," White said.

"He'll have surgery Tuesday and have plates inserted. He'll be looking at a return to play timeframe of 4-6 weeks which will become clearer post-surgery."

You pay no attention
It was good play
Jackson took off
Lmac ran in
Should have been play on
Here's McDonald lining up on the mark.
Screen Shot 2024-03-26 at 4.10.07 pm.png
The umpire's pointing at Pink he hasn't called play on but McDonald is already on the move.
Screen Shot 2024-03-26 at 4.10.28 pm.png
The umpire is only now just starting to call play on but McDonald is already a metre off his line.
Screen Shot 2024-03-26 at 4.10.47 pm.png
Umpire's arms are up in the air, it's officially play on and McDonald is about 2 metres off his mark.
Screen Shot 2024-03-26 at 4.11.03 pm.png
Our "good solid experienced defender" went way too early and gifted them a goal.

Pay attention.

Congrats on your technical achievement
As soon as Jackson takes 1 step left he is off his line
So I think Luke was perfectly correct
good pressure incorrectly adjudicated
Just my opinion

Congrats on your technical achievement
As soon as Jackson takes 1 step left he is off his line
So I think Luke was perfectly correct
good pressure incorrectly adjudicated
Just my opinion
I was stunned as well when the 50 was paid. Even though I was just 8 rows back, and directly in line with Jackson I couldn't believe the call was for 50 as I also believed that Jackson was off his mark.

However, the rule says that the umpire must call "Play On" and maybe he hadn't done so quickly enough. I have to say I did not hear anything from the ump so I will trust what My Left Foote says about when the call was made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back