Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta love Big Footy. One picture and its pitchforks and torches. Taylor Garner making a late dash to claim official whipping boy status for the 2017 season. Good to see a youngster throw down the challenge to Gibbo. Exciting times.

Not a whipping boy for mine.

More just a boy who's enjoys a bit of whipped stuff.

^ Let me guess....

....holiday house at Cheviot Beach?

d383acc0b83c7f1d2ae36f0539b8d9fb

Looks pretty good in the training footage of the interview with Brad. Good signs.
I love this bloke , I just pray the footy gods give him a fair run at it . Has a mountain of X factor about him ... enjoys imposing his will on his direct opponents and the game itself . tackles like a wrecking ball ... Match winner

I feel sorry for the guy with all the injury problems he has endured, but lets get real. Injury prone, but he really isn't a match winner if he can't get onto the ground. I would rather have kept Boomer for another season and let Garner go for whatever trade we could have got

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel sorry for the guy with all the injury problems he has endured, but lets get real. Injury prone, but he really isn't a match winner if he can't get onto the ground. I would rather have kept Boomer for another season and let Garner go for whatever trade we could have got

Yep what we need is more unaccountable players.

We'd have got nothing useful for him due to the injuries you speak of.

Our best outcome is to stick with him for now, and hope he can get on the park consistently to deliver on the talent he's shown previously.

You dont let Rd 1 picks with obvious talent go because of early injuries. I hope we keep him for a lot longer to get him fit and only give up if it looks completely unlikely that his body will let him play AFL footy.

He was a rd 1 pick in every phantom draft i saw at the time so its not like he is just a speculative player. He has proper talent that we need.

Bloke could do it all at junior level. Shame whats happened to him since.
I want to know why. Why we keep being unable to develop and nurture young talent. Bastinac, Black, Garner, Harper, its a trend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back