Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see him out there, really hope he can get a solid crack to finish the year and earn another contract.

Will Walker will be looking to put an injury-hit first part of the year behind him as he recovers from a calf issue, hoping to throw his hat into the ring for VFL football sooner rather than later.

With a thumb injury initially keeping him on the sidelines, Walker’s return to the fold was delayed due to a calf knock suffered in training.

“Will’s on track, he won’t get up for this weekend but he has had a good week on the track,” Rawlings said.

“He should be in a position where he puts his hand up to play VFL next week.”

Will Walker will be looking to put an injury-hit first part of the year behind him as he recovers from a calf issue, hoping to throw his hat into the ring for VFL football sooner rather than later.

With a thumb injury initially keeping him on the sidelines, Walker’s return to the fold was delayed due to a calf knock suffered in training.

“Will’s on track, he won’t get up for this weekend but he has had a good week on the track,” Rawlings said.

Geez I'll be celebrating when this kid gets back on the park

Will’s “Hail Mary” is getting into the VFL team next week - followed by 3 good performances. Finally, he gets a run in the AFL in R20 - giving himself 4 weeks to convince Noble, Brady and Blakey. Sadly, he’s on a very slippery slope. Really, his only hope is his age.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

When his hand is up, a magpie will probably swoop down and snatch off one of his fingers.

Good return from Willy. Kicked 3 goals

Honey and North's Will Walker both contributed two goals apiece in the final term to take their respective tallies to three for the day

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good return from Willy. Kicked 3 goals

Honey and North's Will Walker both contributed two goals apiece in the final term to take their respective tallies to three for the day

… a twinkle of light?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Glad to hear!

It takes a couple of games to get right back to match fitness after an injury, lets hope he can keep doing it consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Will Walker also returned for the clash as he looks to put thumb and calf problems behind him for the remainder of the season.

The classy midfield/forward imposed himself on the contest, as he finished the clash with three goals.

“It was his first game back and played half forward or midfield for the game. He played well and made the most of his opportunities,” Adams said

Was anyone actually at the game last weekend who is able to comment on his overall performance? What were the nature of his three goals? Gimmes or classy? How many possessions did he have for the day and did he have a substantial impact?

No mention of him on the website when discussing potential ins and outs which I guess is understandable after such a long layoff however curious he didn’t get a mention.

No VFL games this weekend another potential dagger into his chances of picking up another contract for next year which were already slim. Time is running out.

I can think of 6-7 players I would prefer to be moved on before Walker. It’s unlikely but I would love to give him 1 more year with a full preseason under his belt.

When you get de-listed and rookied, there’s not much wriggle room sadly.

I can think of 6-7 players I would prefer to be moved on before Walker. It’s unlikely but I would love to give him 1 more year with a full preseason under his belt.

Not sure about 6-7 but if he was actually fully recovered from his injuries I would bloody love to see what he can still become capable of. Just so hard to see it happening though.

Not sure about 6-7 but if he was actually fully recovered from his injuries I would bloody love to see what he can still become capable of. Just so hard to see it happening though.

Campbell
Garner
Menadue
Tyson
Atley
Mcguiness

Probably an unpopular opinion but I would have Hayden and J.Walker not far behind either.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back