Player Watch #28: Bigoa Nyuon

Remove this Banner Ad

I went and read the richmond nuffy board to see opinions align with mine ******* you betcha. The number one complaint about Biggie was
1 tank
2 scared
3 poor skills

I sincerely hope he proves me wrong, im always happy to have a north player come on and be a very good player. Just cant see it happening with this one.

Some of VFL tigers watchers were hoping he was delisted at the end of his rookie contract.
Apart from that, he goes alright.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Yep. That useless potato

black and white vintage GIF by General Electric

I went and read the richmond nuffy board to see opinions align with mine 😂 ******* you betcha. The number one complaint about Biggie was
1 tank
2 scared
3 poor skills

I sincerely hope he proves me wrong, im always happy to have a north player come on and be a very good player. Just cant see it happening with this one.

Some of VFL tigers watchers were hoping he was delisted at the end of his rookie contract.
He ran a 6.32 2k time trial at the recent time trial. Similar to what Nick Daicos won the Pies club time trial with last season.
Sympkin ran around 6.10 to win it. D Stephens 6.20.

Give him a chance under a coach who is instilling belief into him.
Hardwick was unpopular with a lot of the playing group, who he routinely ignored and mislead. Others lost respect for him post the affair in the hub and the 'one rule for Hardwick' approach.

BN also played through with pain killers for a lot of the season last year with sore feet.

He ran a 6.32 2k time trial at the recent time trial. Similar to what Nick Daicos won the Pies club time trial with last season.

Hardwick was unpopular with a lot of the playing group, who he routinely ignored and mislead. Others lost respect for him post the affair in the hub and the 'one rule for Hardwick' approach.

BN also played through with pain killers for a lot of the season last year with sore feet.
Dw about duck yeah he hasn’t seen him play vfl or train but is going by some of the tigers footy forum

Those times don't seem right to me personally. It might be the oval vs some other testing parameters. Or depending on when in the session the 2km took place.

Sheezel ran a 5:55 2km in March of 2022 in his NAB League testing.

Drury ran a 6:15 at the combine.

Both were 8th and 9th in that time trial.

I would have thought Stephens and Simpkin would be under 6 mins.

Those times don't seem right to me personally. It might be the oval vs some other testing parameters. Or depending on when in the session the 2km took place.

Sheezel ran a 5:55 2km in March of 2022 in his NAB League testing.

Drury ran a 6:15 at the combine.

Both were 8th and 9th in that time trial.

I would have thought Stephens and Simpkin would be under 6 mins.
6mins is sharp. Tarkyn O'Leary won the NAB Combine 2k with 5.48 in 2023.
Only Ollie Hollands and Jason Gilbee ran sub 6 in 2022 end of year combine (each 5.55). Drury ran 6.25 to finish top 10.

But, to your point, it was Dyl Stephens slowest time trial time for a while I understand.
Those times for Sympkin and Stephens were from the players record of the results.

In any case, the point was, Biggie was no slouch, as otherwise suggested, re his tank.

FYI, Tarryn Thomas ran about 7.50 I believe.

Richmond Board ... is populated by society's most tragic figures, people who a few decades ago would be comfortably housed in a controlled setting with carers and appropriate treatment, not permitted to spout their lunacy on the internet.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fixed it for you.

Hardwick played an ageing, busted up Robbie Tarrant over him. Says all you need to know

Hardwick played an ageing, busted up Robbie Tarrant over him. Says all you need to know

That Dimma had lost it in the last few years, trading away their future and stuffing their development for a shot at a last flag - before shamefully bailing on them and the mess he'd caused?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still can coach. No matter what anyone thinks. He’s a duel premiership coach. A disciple of Clarko the great.

Look I don't think the COVID flags count for much, but he's got three.

Tbh end of days Dimma was an utterly shithouse coach and nowhere near comparable to peak 2017-19 Dimma.

Will Biggie make it? I dunno, we've only given him a year so its not really a massive risk either way.

Tbh end of days Dimma was an utterly shithouse coach and nowhere near comparable to peak 2017-19 Dimma.

Will Biggie make it? I dunno, we've only given him a year so its not really a massive risk either way.

I think that's a fair assessment. I think quite a few of the senior players lost a lot of respect for him after splitting with his wife and probably were never able to respond to his coaching after that, given the role Mrs. Hardwick, as he used to refer to her, played at the Club. The players it seems loved her input and presence and it would be hard for them to again commit quite to the level they did in the past two flag years.

It will be interesting to see how the GC players react to him. Will he get the same level of performance and commitment from them, as he did at Richmond? Maybe, though very few coaches manage to achieve quite as much when they move on to their next club.

Clearly an exception in the case of Ron Barassi, who was as good at North as he was at Carlton, but even he couldn't get the godees back to a flag, though he did some very good work resurrecting the Swans back to being a competitive outfit once again and they haven't looked back since then.

I think that's a fair assessment. I think quite a few of the senior players lost a lot of respect for him after splitting with his wife and probably were never able to respond to his coaching after that, given the role Mrs. Hardwick, as he used to refer to her, played at the Club. The players it seems loved her input and presence and it would be hard for them to again commit quite to the level they did in the past two flag years.

It will be interesting to see how the GC players react to him. Will he get the same level of performance and commitment from them, as he did at Richmond? Maybe, though very few coaches manage to achieve quite as much when they move on to their next club.

Clearly an exception in the case of Ron Barassi, who was as good at North as he was at Carlton, but even he couldn't get the godees back to a flag, though he did some very good work resurrecting the Swans back to being a competitive outfit once again and they haven't looked back since then.

Yep, he spent years building up the culture of the Richmond Man and how Mrs Hardwick kind of determined if you were enough of a Richmond Man to sit at the dinner table etc.

Then ditched her for the younger model. Complete loss of integrity.

mac andrew played 17 in 2023, there's no reason why biggie at a biggger frame couldnt play 23 if fit.

Yep, he spent years building up the culture of the Richmond Man and how Mrs Hardwick kind of determined if you were enough of a Richmond Man to sit at the dinner table etc.

Oh seriously, who wouldn’t trade in the older model for a brand new version with all the extras? 😂 FOR FREE

Pissed in the face of the entire club.

If we won the covid flag(s) and didn’t win one more for 30 years? Would you count it? I certainly wouldn’t. Sham flag. Asterisk flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back