Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

He really needs to learn to handpass/kick on his left side. Frustrated me as we could have been away a few times in that first quarter and when he turns to his right, he stuffs it up. Otherwise a fantastic game from KT, his best game for us.

r10_2.gif

Best game he has played all year. His pressure was off the charts, was surprised to see he only had 14 pressure acts and 6 tackles. Seemed like a hell of a lot more.

Really Should have kicked 3 goals he needs to make the most of his chances. A return of 2.6 for the year playing as a small forward obviously isn’t fantastic.
He really needs to iron out some of those mistakes too, getting caught HTB in that possession chain with Hartung was bloody frustrating. Some of his kicks inside 50 were really average.

We know the good things he brings to the table, but he has to stop making those momentum sapping mistakes

Best game he has played all year. His pressure was off the charts, was surprised to see he only had 14 pressure acts and 6 tackles. Seemed like a hell of a lot more.

Really Should have kicked 3 goals he needs to make the most of his chances. A return of 2.6 for the year playing as a small forward obviously isn’t fantastic.
He really needs to iron out some of those mistakes too, getting caught HTB in that possession chain with Hartung was bloody frustrating. Some of his kicks inside 50 were really average.

We know the good things he brings to the table, but he has to stop making those momentum sapping mistakes

Thought it was one of his best ever games.

When you look at his 2.6 for the year and Ziebell at 10.17 for the year we still have room for improvement,

Last edited:

Fatigue has to be factored in. His skills in a standard forward role were always decent but he's running himself into the ground while still grappling madly at every contest he reaches.

Much better game, had the impact pressure wise as usual but got himself dangerous for the first time this season.

Really needs to develop some penetration in his kicking but the effort is there. Good stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I saw this kick to Sugar (delayed not live) I thought to myself why did the player choose a clear 1 v's 2 scenario where Sugar had to take on 2 players.
I liked his game on Sunday.....he is back to those standards we all loved about him when he 1st come on to the scene.
The spirit of the shinboner runs deep in this kid.

Fatigue has to be factored in. His skills in a standard forward role were always decent but he's running himself into the ground while still grappling madly at every contest he reaches.

I think this is a really important point.

The poor bloke looks like he's been polaxed for 90% of the game and half his disposals are under full frontal assault so it's no wonder he fluffs it so much!

And he's always in the top few for speed and bursts etc - he's like a dodgem car!

I guess as he becomes a more mature body he will be able to manage that side of things better and his efficiency will improve accordingly.

Good work Kayne!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back