Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

Since when has he be able to kick 45m?

He dobbed a ripper goal from long range last night, previously he would’ve set them up at the top of the goal square.

It’s funny what a little bit of confidence can do.

I’ve been very critical of Turner across the journey, but his last 6 weeks have been fantastic.

been backed in by the coaching staff. Starting to see the results now

Played 72 games of footy, which is genrally in line with when blokes really start to find consistency..

Clearly best 22, and was actually having a very good year even when we were playing awful football under Scott. Easy to forget that he's still young and still has plenty of improvement in him. Great pressure player, total team-first ethos: definitely a bloke you want going in to battle with you. You need blokes like him to complement the more skilled attacking types. It's never been in doubt what he brings, but now that we're collectively up and about it's a bit easier to see perhaps.

Since when has he be able to kick 45m?

He dobbed a ripper goal from long range last night, previously he would’ve set them up at the top of the goal square.

It’s funny what a little bit of confidence can do.

I’ve been very critical of Turner across the journey, but his last 6 weeks have been fantastic.
Love that he now looks like he will be the layer we thought he would be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s fair to say we’ve seen a notable shift in the whole playing group since Brad’s departure , the shackles both mental and physical have been removed and we can now see potential in our players . The ceiling for players like Turner , Simpkin, Atley and LDU to a lesser extent because he has shown glimpses of an elite player on what they are capable of are all of sudden much higher .

I've probably been as hard on him as anyone over the journey because I don't think he's ever really put together the required disposal count to make enough impact

Certainly serving me humble pie now

Make an impact like he did last night with as few touches or opportunities and he'll play 200 games

Happy to concede that I had written Kayne off. Always appeared to be gifted games under Brad. Is now playing with a fire that he knows his spot isn't 100% secure and is bring elite pressure every week. The goals also appear to be coming, but as long as he keeps that pressure up he has a spot.

In other words, you have no idea about anything regarding potential, and then act like some justified critic when a bloke starts delivering.

I can read any Mark Robinson article for the exact same crap.

Your spiel is typical of this place, and it needs to be called out more often. You're clueless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back