Past #28: Will Sierakowski - acquired in exchange for pick 58 in 2011 - delisted at end of 2013 season

Remove this Banner Ad

If Harper pulled his finger out and delivered on his talent we could shift Wright back and bring him back in.

Wright plays forward to shut down someone who causes havoc off the half back line, he isn't a complete mug with the ball so it is a bit of a bonus. I am not sure Harper back would change the type of matchups.

What was Scott thinking?

Once again a game goes by when we had a massive chance, but then by picking players who clearly aren't up to it just makes it so, so (so) frustrating.

If Scott thought season over and try players fine, i'd be up for that. Pick Garner, play McKenzie a full game, play Gysberts, try Currie with Goldstein, whatever. I just don't get it.

I am not blaming Siera for the loss, far from it, but he should never ever have been picked to start with.

Yep, and it's not as though he hasn't had his chances.

That's my point of thread mate. If not tried before, fine, give him a go.

Absolutely do not want to knock the player who no doubt tried his hardest. But he has been tried multiple times and showed nothing like AFL quality. Why are we seeing that but Scott and selection panel can't?

Just so frustrating.

That's my point of thread mate. If not tried before, fine, give him a go.

But he has been tried multiple times and showed nothing like AFL quality. Why are we seeing that but Scott and selection panel can't?

Just so frustrating.

Spot on, Scott must love this bloke. All starts for trading for him even though he was a rookie, and then continues to give him a game when he has shown nothing at this level. If it were up to me id delist him, but... Scott is obviously in love him with him so will probably keep his spot on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did he get named in such a crucial game? With the Essendon scenario, season was very much alive, many better options available including Anthony, alas

I didn't think he was that bad to be honest. Not great but a roast is very harsh. Won't make it though unfortunately so echo the "why is he getting a game?" sentiment.

Correct - title was supposed to be "Sierakowski selection" but I accidently posted it - so hopefully mods will sort that out.

Was never directed at the player himself Joshen :thumbsu:

Because we only had Garner/Currie as the other emergencies. Garner wouldn't have had much of an impact either.

So you think Siera has the same future Garner, Gysberts or Currie might have? (even Harper who despite poor form has at least shown he can play!!)

From my perspective that is way off to use that as an excuse.

Just not AFL level unfortunately.

As an astute supporter, did you think his selection was wise?
I reckon he was brought in to play a role, perhaps he did some aspects of it well, but overall he aint up to it. Maybe he was the best we could bring in today, although I would have rather we brought in Anthony TBH.

I reckon he was brought in to play a role, perhaps he did some aspects of it well, but overall he aint up to it. Maybe he was the best we could bring in today, although I would have rather we brought in Anthony TBH.

Fair enough Tron.

Anthony would have given far more run, and maybe starting BMac and then subbing in LA makes more sense to me (or reverse). Or if we are using these games just to get games in then why not Garner or again, even Harper despite poor VFL form, at least they have shown talent unlike Siera.

But maybe your bold is right and it was just all we could do.

I think it's a case of Brad seeing Siera as the perfect travelling emergency as he would rather not take VFL game time away from players who will be a part of our future like Garner, Currie and Gysberts

What was Scott thinking?

Once again a game goes by when we had a massive chance, but then by picking players who clearly aren't up to it just makes it so, so (so) frustrating.

If Scott thought season over and try players fine, i'd be up for that. Pick Garner, play McKenzie a full game, play Gysberts, try Currie with Goldstein, whatever. I just don't get it.

I am not blaming Siera for the loss, far from it, but he should never ever have been picked to start with.
Exactly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back