Past #28: Will Sierakowski - acquired in exchange for pick 58 in 2011 - delisted at end of 2013 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair point Ozzy. As I mentioned, tipping he ain't going anywhere. We better get used to him for next year. He just looks to lack that presence, hoping it can develope pretty quickly.
Hawks fans have potted Shoenmakers but he is getting better gradually.........jesus we were all coming to the end of our patience with Hansen even, I know I was. I like to put Seirra in that category, I honestly think if he had that block of 5-6 guaranteed games he would show something. He does have some decent ability and this tied in with the fact that we actually have had another dream run with injuries ( minus spitta and hunter - not including grima) this year.

Im aware that we need to turn over the manditory 4 players........the question is who.....another question is whats available come come trade time.

I would have played Garner as sub and given McKenzie the full game.

Gysberts is due for an opportunity and I would have been fine with that.

Currie is not a replacement for patch of course, but maybe we could have structured differently to allow his inclusion (Ie; Tarrant out).

EDIT: Forgot about Anthony. Whilst not quite up to it, his hard running would have brought more to the table IMO. I just have no idea what Siera is being picked to provide.

Think of it like this, Garner, McKenzie, Gys and Currie are all definates on the list next year.
Anthony has a year left on his contract so either stays on list or drops to rookie.
Sierra is right on the cusp between being given another year, let go totally or even considered for a rookie spot.

Whats the best way to decide, give him a chance to show what hes got knowing where he sits. Its a difficult year for list management so giving players a chance to earn their spot on the list is fair.

Really think Sierra and Spud were both playing for their careers to be honest.

Did he do enough to stay main list probably not, did he show enough to earn a rookie spot maybe so. At least its an informed decision based on a real AFL game not just VFL form.

Think of it like this, Garner, McKenzie, Gys and Currie are all definates on the list next year.
Anthony has a year left on his contract so either stays on list or drops to rookie.
Sierra is right on the cusp between being given another year, let go totally or even considered for a rookie spot.

Whats the best way to decide, give him a chance to show what hes got knowing where he sits. Its a difficult year for list management so giving players a chance to earn their spot on the list is fair.

Really think Sierra and Spud were both playing for their careers to be honest.

Did he do enough to stay main list probably not, did he show enough to earn a rookie spot maybe so. At least its an informed decision based on a real AFL game not just VFL form.

If that is the case then it may well be you are correct in why the club made the decision. If they had lingering worry over that then fair enough.

I will say I am very surprised that is the case though, as plenty of us have already made that call from previous forays in the 1s. Hence such a decision could already have been made, and being the second last game of the year would have been a great opportunity to get a game into a player with more talent. It will be interesting what happens with selection for this weekend, as he may just get another opportunity for the reasons you presented.

Personally I wouldn't rookie list him as he has been in the system long enough, he either stays on the list or gets delisted. I'd rather our rookies be young prospects from outside the system than guys we've already made a call on.

Hawks fans have potted Shoenmakers but he is getting better gradually.........jesus we were all coming to the end of our patience with Hansen even, I know I was. I like to put Seirra in that category, I honestly think if he had that block of 5-6 guaranteed games he would show something. He does have some decent ability and this tied in with the fact that we actually have had another dream run with injuries ( minus spitta and hunter - not including grima) this year.

Im aware that we need to turn over the manditory 4 players........the question is who.....another question is whats available come come trade time.

I see where you are going with that Ozzy, but it is fanciful to be comparing Shoenmakers and Hansen with Siera. Completely different players, with completely different reasons to persist.

You might like to put Siera in that same category, but I think it would be wrong to do so..... ;)

I see where you are going with that Ozzy, but it is fanciful to be comparing Shoenmakers and Hansen with Siera. Completely different players, with completely different reasons to persist.

You might like to put Siera in that same category, but I think it would be wrong to do so..... ;)

Respectfully before you stamp his papers out......just look whats available at the other clubs in his height and frame class.

Respectfully before you stamp his papers out......just look whats available at the other clubs in his height and frame class.

Well lucky for Siera I will not be stamping his papers - would have been done some time ago. That's not his fault, not everyone can make the top level just through trying.

Height and frame class? There is more to footy than just physical dimensions Ozzy!

Will give him his dues, he was ok today:thumbsu:....dont really see where he fits in the overall scheme of things but might be a handy depth-player to hang onto next year. I would pull the trigger on Jacobs though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we cant afford to keep Siera, Jacobs & Jizzberts......I'd say delist Jizz & Jacobs, Siera just shading Jacobs on todays performance.

Well, I am no Siera fan as he is very limited but he did some half decent things and at least contributed.

Jacobs made him look like Ablett Jnr.

So one half decent game and he deserves to stay on? He hasn't taken anywhere near enough from his opportunities this year to grant another contract same with Jacobs who was putrid today. We need to cut the dead wood to move forward, no more carrying unproven types.

Lacks pace and class in traffic.

Limited upside.

I'd say he's gone, but seems preferred over Levi for some reason

I still see him as a likely delistee, but his game today was flawless. Kicked the ball beautifully.

If he had the ball finding ability of Anthony or Gibson, we'd have a player.

Lacks pace and class in traffic.

Limited upside.

I'd say he's gone, but seems preferred over Levi for some reason
I don't know why Brad Scott hates Levi so much. Because its obvious to the rest of us that he deserves to play over guys like Sirra and Jacobs, has more runs on the board too.

I don't know why Brad Scott hates Levi so much. Because its obvious to the rest of us that he deserves to play over guys like Sirra and Jacobs, has more runs on the board too.

He was a late change. Don't look for s**t that isn't there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back