Past #28: Will Sierakowski - acquired in exchange for pick 58 in 2011 - delisted at end of 2013 season

Remove this Banner Ad

I was as frustrated as everyone else watching the Siera turnovers yesterday.. but I have to say that 5 games (most as the sub) is too early to call for his delisting. That said, absolutely must have a big pre-season and work on his skills.

It was like he'd only played 6 games or something.......oh wait.

It's a bit harsh to be so critical of a guy in his 6th game of AFL. I'd like to see how he goes in his next 15-20 games if he gets the chance.

But, this thread is about his selection in the team yesterday, so I'll put my 2 cents in about that.

Maybe he has the ability to play taller than his 187cm and would have been an option to take a tall if Spud or Keys got injured or were getting flogged.

I agree that he was a strange one to come in for Patch as they are very different players, but maybe we needed that extra defensive player. Hawthorn are a very attacking team and have a good group of hard working half forwards. Sierra probably has the better tank to go with them, so maybe that is why he was chosen.

Who knows, maybe our coaching staff actually know what they are doing. Crazy!!

Who knows, maybe our coaching staff actually know what they are doing. Crazy!!

Blasphemy.

You do know this is BigFooty where we make noise about coaching when we lose.

Delist. I thought the Siera experiment was over, shocked to see him picked for Adams.

I was as frustrated as everyone else watching the Siera turnovers yesterday.. but I have to say that 5 games (most as the sub) is too early to call for his delisting. That said, absolutely must have a big pre-season and work on his skills.

If he is not delisted after yesterday, knowing we have younger players going into the position he could play, would be a massive surprise.

Surely we can't carry players that are just not close to being up to it. We need the fringe positions to be filled with upcoming talent. Preseasons don't fix a player's lack of ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delist. I thought the Siera experiment was over, shocked to see him picked for Adams.

Adams was sore mate, I am sure Scott didn't want to not play a key player in Patch.

Problem was he must have spun the "Nth selection wheel" to end up picking Seira, as he had far better options available.

Adams was sore mate, I am sure Scott didn't want to not play a key player in Patch.

Problem was he must have spun the "Nth selection wheel" to end up picking Seira, as he had far better options available.

I realise this, but was shocked to see Siera picked to replace him.

I realise this, but was shocked to see Siera picked to replace him.

Ok JR, thought you meant Adams was dropped or something.

But yep, every Nth person other than Scott (the only person that counts sadly) agrees with you about the bold.

He really wasn't THAT bad yesterday from what i saw. He just doesn't have much going for him bit vanilla like people have said.

Didn't play that bad...if you want focus on crucial key moments of the game, there were significant errors by others that were more costly:
- Sam wrights misses in the last quarter
- Ziebells turn over resulting in a goal
- boomer choosing to pass where he could have kicked a goal
- wells poor defensive chase against Stratton
- hansens handball to roughhead

Having that said, he doesn't look like he belongs out there..

I'm not a dreamteamer or supercoacher, but would love to know what his DE etc was yesterday. I don't remember the howlers from him. I remember a couple of moments where he either completely dropped the mark or just didn't bloody go hard.
Some pretty harsh call on the bloke......that his first or second actual full game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back