Colyer - 6 more weeks
Laverde - 6
Brown - 2
Fantasia - 2
Ambrose - 6
Francis - whenevers
Mutch - 4
Gleeson - 10
Fanta is out for round 1 only I believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hooker in an interview today said he'll still start forward + Ambrose will be out for around a month.

Brown won't be fit. This means we'll have Hartley and Hurley as our key backs. Who plays on Tom Lynch. Neither of our key backs are mobile enough to go with him...

IMO it's between Hurley, Dea or at a desperate pinch Goddard further up the ground. I'd take Hurley's slight lack of mobility over Dea's height and Goddard's affinity for playing loose on his opponent.

IMO it's between Hurley, Dea or at a desperate pinch Goddard further up the ground. I'd take Hurley's slight lack of mobility over Dea's height and Goddard's affinity for playing loose on his opponent.

Goddard definitely is not a defender; he can play loose across half back but I wouldn't back him to stop an opponent.

At least with Dea you know he'll give everything to try to beat his man, but not sure whether he can run with Lynch.

Hurley going up the ground after Lynch is probably something Adelaide would love; taking away his ability to come across as the extra player in defence.

You play a small on Lynch. It's the only way, given they have Jenkins and McGovern as well, probably Fogarty too.

They've got to be considering Hooker back now even if he says he's going to start forward. They'd probably have to decide whether McKernan forward would be more valuable than Hartley back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back