Retired #29: Patrick Ambrose - Officially retired - 11/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably gets a game in the 1s next week, I’d rest Jones and play Hooker against the Eagles the leave him there, then he gets a two week break with the bye after Richmond and Jones gets back to experience another MCG blockbuster.

Not sure where he fits in when they all are playing though, Wright is needed for his ruck minutes.

Hasn't played in ages and not sure if forward is his position. Having said that, should be delisted at seasons end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Found the step up from playing on a Tasmanian State league player just a bit much, laughable the people that wanted him rushed into the side as if some saviour.

Ruttens first real coaching blunder also making him the sub, WTF?

Found the step up from playing on a Tasmanian State league player just a bit much, laughable the people that wanted him rushed into the side as if some saviour.

Ruttens first real coaching blunder also making him the sub, WTF?

The only other option was Cahill. The cupboard is bare

I didn’t mind making him sub at all considering the limited options and his dominance at VFL level. He looked a long way off last night though.

I won’t completely write him off just yet, but I’d suggest it’s highly unlikely that he’s on the list next year.

Love him but he's clearly not an AFL forward. Shame to see his career probably finished playing out of position. Wasn't about winning but if it was I'd have liked to see him back and a now confident Laverde forward.

Hasn't played seniors for nearly two years and comes on as the sub against the reigning premiers...no idea if he'll get back to being best 22 but I'll cut him some slack tonight.
And in hindsight the sub was a poor idea for him. McGrath went down, Ambrose came in and went forward, threw the balance out.
The only other option was Cahill. The cupboard is bare
Surely we have more than 25 fit players. Cahill would've been the better option as sub anyway. You can always shift to cover a tall with a small.

And in hindsight the sub was a poor idea for him. McGrath went down, Ambrose came in and went forward, threw the balance out.

Surely we have more than 25 fit players. Cahill would've been the better option as sub anyway. You can always shift to cover a tall with a small.
Yeah if he came on for 15 minutes would have been fine but not the whole game

Before the game we had 10 players injured officially (if we count Draper and Reid as "off" the injury list) but we also have guys like Johnson, Eyre, Brand, McBride, Hird well in arrears for AFL level.

Before the game we had 10 players injured officially (if we count Draper and Reid as "off" the injury list) but we also have guys like Johnson, Eyre, Brand, McBride, Hird well in arrears for AFL level.
Hird. Bring him in Truck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back