Player Watch #29: Tyrone Vickery Worship Inside

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the point in stressing over someone who has a year left on their contract? Most contracts are only 2-3 years anyway so 1 year can be up to 50% of their contract.

This speculating over players leaving is getting ridiculous. I remember when Cotchin signed a 2 year deal, 6 months into to it there was already speculation that he was going to be poached by Hawthorn.

Unless it's well into his final season, he has put contract talks on hold AND he dodges questions about his future, stop worrying about him leaving.

What is the point in stressing over someone who has a year left on their contract? Most contracts are only 2-3 years anyway so 1 year can be up to 50% of their contract.

This speculating over players leaving is getting ridiculous. I remember when Cotchin signed a 2 year deal, 6 months into to it there was already speculation that he was going to be poached by Hawthorn.

Unless it's well into his final season, he has put contract talks on hold AND he dodges questions about his future, stop worrying about him leaving.
I agree, its the environment that has been created by free agency though

That said, it wasn't too long ago that he requested a trade. By all reports, he is happy now, but I'm not confident until I see pen on paper.
When the hell did he request a trade? I think there were rumours of getting offers from other clubs, but the player movement was never from his end?

When the hell did he request a trade? I think there were rumours of getting offers from other clubs, but the player movement was never from his end?
Im going from memory (so i could be wrong so please correct me if you do remember). Vickery, his manager or richmod never stated anything about a trade. The media drove the hype as it gave them something to write about. If you look at the dangerfield scenario it was known to the world that dangerfields parents were wined and dined at the pesidents lunch. Obviously people can see the obvious difference here.

If his dad wants to earn his keep around the club he needs to get into his son's ear right now and make sure some douche manager (anyone know who it is) doesnt start the 'lets drag this out all year and go for maximum dollars' routine.

Then again, if his form drops off early and Griff is up and about and The Bean surprises and starts getting games ahead of Vicks, it could get messy.

We need a big season from him!
dad could get a promotion to chief scout or recruiter for the other expansion club on the goldcoast. he can put away the boxing gloves and get 5 year contract on 120k per annum up at Burleigh. does he surf? or Mermaid Beach or Broadbeach. white shoe strip tends to recruit the bogans

Those that say that we have been good to Vickery, might be right... but not sure he sees it that way.

Early on this season, he got some massive tough love... to the point where Hardwick was public about the deficiencies and what he was in the VFL to work on. The acid was on him... and he hated it.

You only have to look at the way Vickery plays to know he is different to other players... he always looks like the weight of the world is on his shoulders. He has gone into every season being the 'spotlight' player at Richmond. He could be playing ressies by round 2 next year, that's just the way he plays... he always needs a foot up the arse.

I dont think this will be an easy signing... and l have said, l reckon Collingwood are massively into him.

Those that say that we have been good to Vickery, might be right... but not sure he sees it that way.

Early on this season, he got some massive tough love... to the point where Hardwick was public about the deficiencies and what he was in the VFL to work on. The acid was on him... and he hated it.

You only have to look at the way Vickery plays to know he is different to other players... he always looks like the weight of the world is on his shoulders. He has gone into every season being the 'spotlight' player at Richmond. He could be playing ressies by round 2 next year, that's just the way he plays... he always needs a foot up the arse.

I dont think this will be an easy signing... and l have said, l reckon Collingwood are massively into him.

Yep tough love when he came back in the back half of the year he played some really good footy. So you would have to say it worked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol 12 months ago the majority of this board had him hung drawn and quartered out the door. Had a really good finish to the year 2013 form and now everyone is losing their freaking mind at something that wont happen....god a love big footy.

Look, we've been bashed around the head for some 30 years so if we can't find anyone to do it we need to bash ourselves to get through the day :rolleyes:

Yep tough love when he came back in the back half of the year he played some really good footy. So you would have to say it worked.

Its not the first time he's been shown tough love and we know it wont be the last.
There has to be a circuit breaker in all of this. Either he grows up, becomes a man and starts delivering on his talent consistently... or he'll forever be the bloke that isolates supporters and the coaching staff. Usuaully, players like him end up at another club at some point in their career.

My money is him on leaving.

Im going from memory (so i could be wrong so please correct me if you do remember). Vickery, his manager or richmod never stated anything about a trade. The media drove the hype as it gave them something to write about. If you look at the dangerfield scenario it was known to the world that dangerfields parents were wined and dined at the pesidents lunch. Obviously people can see the obvious difference here.
Not everything comes out in the media.

For the first time in his career TV played consistently good footy for an period of games. I suspect that the penny has dropped and he knows what to do. He is also just about at his final playing weight, around 100kg. As we get better and he is accepted as the FF he will get more service and should be used to playing that pivotal role. If he just plays at that level of end 2015 he will kick about 60+ goals and be a dominant forward, that can ruck. He'll be worth a bomb. Yes, teams will throw $ at him. Clubs need a player like Ty. He might go. Hopefully if so he'll go for a trade and we'll get first rounders. But I suspect he'll stay for the glory of winning a tiger premiership.

Its not the first time he's been shown tough love and we know it wont be the last.
There has to be a circuit breaker in all of this. Either he grows up, becomes a man and starts delivering on his talent consistently... or he'll forever be the bloke that isolates supporters and the coaching staff. Usuaully, players like him end up at another club at some point in their career.

My money is him on leaving.

Talk about negative Nellie!!

Kicked 54 goals in his last 27 games including a number of clutch goals against quality opposition.

My money is on him making you look silly.

He studies law so post football he will do alright

Can see him doing a benny gale and taking a job in football management

He will sign..

reckon there is a fair chance we will do what I reckon we have done with sheds, and use some space in cap THIS year to front end a deal which allows for room in the next few years to get "the doozy"

How so? He's a really smart, down to earth guy who seems to love the club and all the mates he has there.

Unless his managers a campaigner.
Massively arrogant, self absorbed guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back