Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a dying art

They all want the give and get these days

Even that is done wrong. You give and the guy you give too draws at least one player in the tackle and blocks some of a line to get you moving bvefore you get it back. Its so choreographed now that doesn't even happen. Its 2 extra unnecessary stats.

If the blokes coming through can dislodge him we’re in for a cracking year

That'd be awesome.

I'd love a side where guys like Jed, and even Cunners and Higgo genuinely had to fight for their spots against good players.

FWIW When he missed those 3 or 4 games at the start of the year we lost centre clearances by around 100% per game. As soon as he was back in things were back to around 50/50.

If the blokes coming through can dislodge him we’re in for a cracking year
this X3
if Jed uninjured at his best is not getting a game were killing it.

713r7WCOCyL._SX425_.jpg

I don’t think he can kick it far enough to play forward. Even as a defensive forward you need to slot the goals. If he had a free from 45 out I wouldn’t be overly confident.

In juniors he was actually quite a penetrating kick. At the moment he doesn’t seem to kick through the ball, I honestly think he doesn’t do it because he is worried about his hamstrings.

In juniors he was actually quite a penetrating kick. At the moment he doesn’t seem to kick through the ball, I honestly think he doesn’t do it because he is worried about his hamstrings.

I was thinking something similar.

I don’t think he can kick it far enough to play forward. Even as a defensive forward you need to slot the goals. If he had a free from 45 out I wouldn’t be overly confident.

I'm sure he's kicked one from 50 on the run this year.

He was dropped during the year this year.

Probably should have been on reflection. We got flogged by the WC and he put more hits on Gaff than he made tackles (3) but came back with 9 tackles in the next game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs a full pre-season. Fitness (and getting to more contests, rather than having high bench time) is the only thing holding him back.

In 2018 he had a better pre season than this season just gone and was probably a little better imo.

That'd be awesome.

I'd love a side where guys like Jed, and even Cunners and Higgo genuinely had to fight for their spots against good players.

FWIW When he missed those 3 or 4 games at the start of the year we lost centre clearances by around 100% per game. As soon as he was back in things were back to around 50/50.

If Cunnners and Higgo ever found themselves at peak and fighting for their spot we would have clocked the AFL.

Needs a big year, there are plenty coming for his spot.

Turns 26 in February and is coming in to his peak.

All he needs is a full pre-season and an injury free season.

He’s a good rotational midfielder.

Doesn’t have the ceiling to be a starting mi.

Yeah he needs another couple of genuinely good mids in there so he can play a more defensive, bruising type of game without needing to be a big ball-winner. His biggest value offensively is being able to give those little handballs in congestion.

Yeah he needs another couple of genuinely good mids in there so he can play a more defensive, bruising type of game without needing to be a big ball-winner. His biggest value offensively is being able to give those little handballs in congestion.

He takes a nice contested mark in space too

I wouldn't be overly confident with his goal kicking full stop.
He's an inside mid, and I wouldn't move him anywhere else

I agree. And this is the issue because IMO, assuming everyone reaches their potential in 2020 he's our 6th best inside mid behind Cunners, Ziebell, Simpkin, LDU and Jacobs.

How many inside mids are we going to carry?

I recall him kicking 6 for Box Hill one afternoon. Just looked at a video of it - six of the easier goals you'll kick.

His skills aren't great and his tank needs work. Nice problem to have at selection if his position is queried. Fingers crossed for a good pre season. Sounds like the coaching staff are more committed to skill work than the previous regime, which will be a real positive for guys like Jed and Frog. Well, the whole list in fact

Remove this Banner Ad

Back