Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad but we move on, limited midfielder who would just cough up possession in the long run and it would cost us. We now have Greenwood to replace his tackling.

If you have a bad reaction to your first dose aren't you entitled to an exemption?

In my experience with other vaccines, if you have had serious reactions to first jabs then second jabs and/or boosters are given in much weaker doses until you build up enough antibodies to have an acceptable level of protection. Not sure if this is an option for any of the covid vaccines, haven't heard.

In any case, I think that using the words 'poor reaction' in the club's statement means he likely felt pretty ill for a bit which is not highly unusual. If he had had a serious reaction then that would have simply been stated, me thinks anyway. He's obviously recovered enough to start training again.

In my experience with other vaccines, if you have had serious reactions to first jabs then second jabs and/or boosters are given in much weaker doses until you build up enough antibodies to have an acceptable level of protection. Not sure if this is an option for any of the covid vaccines, haven't heard.

In any case, I think that using the words 'poor reaction' in the club's statement means he likely felt pretty ill for a bit which is not highly unusual. If he had had a serious reaction then that would have simply been stated, me thinks anyway. He's obviously recovered enough to start training again.

The major side effect they talked about when the rollout was happening in earnest was analphylatic shock. Ie a serious allergic reaction. You should have had to wait 15 minutes after your dose before you left. That was a precaution against anaphylaxis.

It might not take long to recover from that but would probably mean no more doses.

Would hope his initial reaction wasn't as reported and he does get his second dose.

All the best if he doesn't. Like Liam Jones neither of them carrying on unlike Novak.

The major side effect they talked about when the rollout was happening in earnest was analphylatic shock. Ie a serious allergic reaction. You should have had to wait 15 minutes after your dose before you left. That was a precaution against anaphylaxis.

It might not take long to recover from that but would probably mean no more doses.

But if that was the case with Jed, I'd be very surprised that this article would have appeared at all. The club would've gone to AFL House, applied for a medical exemption. Jed's medical exemption would have been super easy to get because the anaphylaxis would have happened in the presence of medical workers. Alternative arrangements would have been made between the club and the league discretely and quickly. Instead we have this 11th hour absence, an ambiguous news story, and the club saying "We will continue to work with Jed on next steps," not "We will continue to pursue a medical exemption on his behalf".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are possibly quite correct, I just think that if that was the case then the club would have used the words 'serious reaction' which anaphylactic shock is. Btw, I would have thought at an anaphylactic shock would just about constitute an medical exemption being given. The fact that they are trying to manage him though having a second dose leads me to thing that it's medically manageable. I certainly understand his nerviness though, especially if he's been pretty crook.

You are possibly quite correct, I just think that if that was the case then the club would have used the words 'serious reaction' which anaphylactic shock is. Btw, I would have thought at an anaphylactic shock would just about constitute an medical exemption being given. The fact that they are trying to manage him though having a second dose leads me to thing that it's medically manageable. I certainly understand his nerviness though, especially if he's been pretty crook.
"Poor" or "serious" I dunno....

I get what you're saying but maybe you are reading too much into the language in a press release.

Maybe they are in the process of obtaining a medical exemption.

He may just be paranoid because his dad died in his arms out the front of their house when he was young. From a heart attack.

Maybe he's paranoid about heart issues from the vaccine and his kids going thru something similar.

Apologies for intruding but, as someone who also had a bad reaction to the first, it is almost impossible to get an exemption from the second. Even myocarditis isn't enough to get a waiver. I really feel for Anderson.
Thanks for that.

BTW that is ridiculous. (Not your comment, the situation.)

Guess we'll find out soon enough, will be disappointing if he is forced to retire.

Can't see the awkwardness others have mentioned around his spot in the best 22, is capable across multiple lines.
he'll be a massive loss. especially without Cunners. He's a better player than Greenwood.

Apologies for intruding but, as someone who also had a bad reaction to the first, it is almost impossible to get an exemption from the second. Even myocarditis isn't enough to get a waiver. I really feel for Anderson.
Thanks for sharing and that does sound bloody awful.
Pardon my naivety, but if it was a serious episode of myocarditis in Anderson's case, wouldn't it be unlikely that he'd be back training for an elite competitive sport just weeks after the ordeal?

But if that was the case with Jed, I'd be very surprised that this article would have appeared at all. The club would've gone to AFL House, applied for a medical exemption. Jed's medical exemption would have been super easy to get because the anaphylaxis would have happened in the presence of medical workers. Alternative arrangements would have been made between the club and the league discretely and quickly. Instead we have this 11th hour absence, an ambiguous news story, and the club saying "We will continue to work with Jed on next steps," not "We will continue to pursue a medical exemption on his behalf".
If he had Phizer, I now know of 2 people who are young( middle aged) that have had bloody awful reactions. Hours after the jab they had racing heartbeat, shortness of breath, big sweats and shakes that sent them both to hospital, 2 overnight the other a couple of days.
If I hadn't had mine already, I'd be nervous. We don't know what sort of reaction and if he:s concerned about long term problems.
These guys have both been told to have their next doses at a hospital and have moderna not phizer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back