Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn’t be talking Jed’s demise just yet. As witnessed in the first 5 games of the year, we are desperate for mature bodies to help the younger guys coming through.

I see Cunners, Greenwood and Jed being those mature bodies in the midfield for the next couple of years. There is still obviously a lot to play out with Cunners recovery.
Yep it is premature but he needs flawless run with his body and some form to finish.

It's going to be a balancing act.

Powell apparently needs to play middle non stop according to BF alumni

Phillips will be in the same boat.

Jy is in there

LDU is our best clearance player

TT does his best work in the middle

Jason

Cunners is our best player if he gets back from illness

Stephenson apparently needs to be playing on ball

That really should leave bit part/supporting roles for Anderson and Greenwood.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

It's going to be a balancing act.

Powell apparently needs to play middle non stop according to BF alumni

Phillips will be in the same boat.

Jy is in there

LDU is our best clearance player

TT does his best work in the middle

Jason

Cunners is our best player if he gets back from illness

Stephenson apparently needs to be playing on ball

That really should leave bit part/supporting roles for Anderson and Greenwood.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
I LOVE Jed. Named my account after him. But you've hit the nail on the head. Too many mids. Either one of the younger blokes (my bet would be Tarryn) addresses our general defender deficiency, or this year and next year are the last for Anderson and Greenwood getting significant midfield rotations.

Having said that I can totally see Jed becoming a small forward.

Begs the question why did he play the whole game when he was supposed to be on managed minutes. If he's out 3-4 weeks he won't play afl till after the bye.
He and Phillips we’re only meant to be playing a half.
Both sat out the 3rd but I’m led to believe Jed came back out and played the 4th when Footscray made a come back?
Is anyone able to confirm this?
My question is why did the plan change and who thought it’d be great for him to go back out in the last quarter ffs

Last edited:
He a Phillips we’re only meant to be playing a half.
Both sat out the 3rd but I’m led to believe Jed came back out and played the 4th when Footscray made a come back?
My question is why did the plan change and who thought it’d be great for him to go back out in the last quarter ffs
I thought Jed was sposed to play 3 quarters and WAP only a half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Jed wants longevity at NM, he needs to turn himself into a heatseeking missile inside 50 and kick 25 goals a season.

I reckon he'd go alright. Just needs to embrace it.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
That’d be pretty awesome having a hard arse crumbing fwd , a bit like Daniel Chick in the eagles premiership year

For mine I'd rather a fit Anderson in the squad than say Turner. He is faster, has more impact, can play middle and forward. Greenwood is too slow to have a real impact if we allow teams to free wheel all over the place.
yep was top 3 BNF 2020! People seem to forget that way too quickly.

He a Phillips we’re only meant to be playing a half.

Question is, if he was kept warm during that 3rd quarter or not....if not its bordering on negligence!

Well this is the same coaching group that sent Hall out there under a cloud, so negligence is on the cards.
Negligence is a big call, I wouldn’t go that far.

I was responding to the post that said it could be bordering on negligence.

Playing Hall while under an injury cloud at his age was either stupidity or desperation. Either way you cut it, not exactly screaming professional outfit.
Wasn’t great for sure. I know negligence was mentioned elsewhere just wanted to state negligence is a big call, but yes certainly erred on the aggressive side with both decisions

Wasn’t great for sure. I know negligence was mentioned elsewhere just wanted to state negligence is a big call, but yes certainly erred on the aggressive side with both decisions
Which is mind boggling considering our current state of development.

It’s not like we are rolling the dice to make a push for finals, so these decisions do look like amateur hour.

Which is mind boggling considering our current state of development.

It’s not like we are rolling the dice to make a push for finals, so these decisions do look like amateur hour.
I’m sure there is pressure to get the performances up which probably led to the fast tracking of both players.

Re: Hall, other people have said he’s the most important player to our game plan and I think that drove that call

I’m sure there is pressure to get the performances up which probably led to the fast tracking of both players.

Re: Hall, other people have said he’s the most important player to our game plan and I think that drove that call
So we were playing chicken with our most important player, if that is the case?

We risked a 4-6 week injury for a game we were most likely never going to win.

Not the smartest strategy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back