Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Waitey for an outstanding contribution to our club. Amongst a shitload of highlights, hard to pick a best, but one of my fave's was the pretend offer of a handshake to an opponent, only to pull your hand away and leave them grasping at fresh air :p A footballer with personality, the antithesis of "vanilla" , will be greatly missed.

Really glad I got to attend his last game, I think his stroll into the goal square into a goal and then ending his career on a poster was about the most Jarrad Waite game rolled into 4 quarters of footy.

He's a pure entertainer, the game will be lesser for it. On top of that he was a great player.

I'll miss him. I'm glad he played for us.

He says he’s mentally shot but interestingly last year after a bottom four season he had the drive to go round again.
This year after 12 wins and missing out due to losses in games he wasn’t playing - he decides to hand it in.

It’s weird. After 2016 when we retired Boomer and Drew, the reality of what had transpired was sheltered by the end to a year that could have been anything.

Next year with Gaff and Polec, surely that should have enticed him on for another go?

Hope this isn’t the end.

Going back to my OP I make mention that he came out and destroyed us v Blues and in that game you may remember he found himself alone running into goal to win the match

Ffwd to tonight and he does the same thing for us

All the best W80; you cracked me up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man i wasn't even this upset when Boomer left, this bloke is awesome, just a real dude who played footy really well.
i selfishly want him to go around another year.

Going against a lot of things I've said previously, but this decision needs to be reconsidered from both sides.
The club is in a better position now than it was in 2016 hence why the loss of Waite irks. Hes still playing well enough to get a game anywhere in the comp. I honestly think if we add Polec and Gaff - before the final list lodgements sent in to the league, that he and the club have a final heart to heart and ask ourselves whether one more is the right option.

The club is in a better position now than it was in 2016 hence why the loss of Waite irks. Hes still playing well enough to get a game anywhere in the comp. I honestly think if we add Polec and Gaff - before the final list lodgements sent in to the league, that he and the club have a final heart to heart and ask ourselves whether one more is the right option.

I hate seeing the back of W80. However, a player of his explosive, X-Factor talent has such an positive effect on the team when he’s on the park that when he’s not available the drop-off is instant and almost catastrophic. We know the best we could possibly get out of him next season is about 11 games again. Overall, unfortunately, that just leads to instability for the team. Much as I hate to say it, the right call has been made. We need to nail down our consistent forward setup and find out if Larkey can make the grade.

Been fantastic for us. Will miss his idiosyncrasies out on the field. Could do the impossible, crazy, bizarre, stupid, moronic all in the one quarter. That last poster today cracked me up. A 'suitable' way to retire from him lol.

Loved his Rick Flair - WOOs too

Just wish he got to 100 games like Sav did.

Would be s**t seeing his kids in Carlton jumpers considering the amount of hate he gets from the Carlton supporter base and the universal love he gets here.

100% consider him a North man.

This irks me
This whole wait and see what happens in October bullshit by the club isnt fair
We should have given him a direct yes or no response rather than deflate his confidence to the point of retirement

Just wish he got to 100 games like Sav did.

Would be s**t seeing his kids in Carlton jumpers considering the amount of hate he gets from the Carlton supporter base and the universal love he gets here.

100% consider him a North man.
On that the rule needs to be changed to 50 Games. s**t look at someone like Maj. Been at the club for years. Seen as a North player yet he is only half way to the 100 Game mark. What happens if he has a kid and doesn't play 100 games. How idiotic would it be for his kid to be playing with another club? Same could be said about Phil Kelly's Son Josh. Should've been at Hardon St from the start. When people think of Phil Kelly they think of WA Guy that played at North. We have had the worst possible run with the Father Son Rule due to the bullshit changes to the rule over the years. :stern look

And whilst I'm at it there needs to be a reintroduction of the Veterans List. We want to see our greats play for as long as possible. A list that is unrelated to the Primary and Rookie Lists. A List which also comes with an additional Salary Cap. That way there is no hesitation for a Club like ours keeps on a Harvey or a Waite whilst they are still playing great footy. :stern look

On that the rule needs to be changed to 50 Games. s**t look at someone like Maj. Been at the club for years. Seen as a North player yet he is only half way to the 100 Game mark. What happens if he has a kid and doesn't play 100 games. How idiotic would it be for his kid to be playing with another club? Same could be said about Phil Kelly's Son Josh. Should've been at Hardon St from the start. When people think of Phil Kelly they think of WA Guy that played at North. We have had the worst possible run with the Father Son Rule due to the bullshit changes to the rule over the years. :stern look

And whilst I'm at it there needs to be a reintroduction of the Veterans List. We want to see our greats play for as long as possible. A list that is unrelated to the Primary and Rookie Lists. A List which also comes with an additional Salary Cap. That way there is no hesitation for a Club like ours keeps on a Harvey or a Waite whilst they are still playing great footy. :stern look
It used to be 50 games. Makes sense now with bidding too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back