Past #31: Braydon Preuss - traded to Melbourne FC with #62 - NMFC received Dom Tyson - thx Preussy

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's with all the biffs this pre-season? Is it competitiveness or something else?
Competitiveness i'd say like Swallow said alot of spots up for grabs even more so with injuries. What else could it be?

But Preuss was over the top and dangerous and against his own teammate even worse.
We have enough injury problems as it is.

Besides the tackle, how did he play? He was always going to have ruck dominance, I'd like to know how he went in general play?

Thanks mate. I was suspecting a big footy overrating thing going on. Seems he's still a fair way off.

Would I be right to compare him to Dan Currie?

Possibly.

I think he has more upside around the contest for us than Currie ever did, but just doesn't know how to impact around the ground as yet.

He should be dominant in the air against Larkey and big Jeffo but the dominance was only there to be seen within 5m of where the ball bounced.

I really thought Larkey showed a bit, not only did he compete well, but copped multiple smack downs from Preuss and Ziebell, but still nailed a tough set shot into the wind (McKay had 2 cracks from the same spot and missed both) and look good. Also some funny and witty sledges from the big man.

Possibly.

I think he has more upside around the contest for us than Currie ever did, but just doesn't know how to impact around the ground as yet.

He should be dominant in the air against Larkey and big Jeffo but the dominance was only there to be seen within 5m of where the ball bounced.

I really thought Larkey showed a bit, not only did he compete well, but copped multiple smack downs from Preuss and Ziebell, but still nailed a tough set shot into the wind (McKay had 2 cracks from the same spot and missed both) and look good. Also some funny and witty sledges from the big man.
Care to share Fraud Squad ?

Possibly.

Spot on.

What we've got is a 206cm tap ruckman with plenty of mongrel. He is much more athletic than Currie and got 5-6cm on him too. And his presence in the contest is impressive, tackling technique aside.

I think Larkey has been one of the big takeaways from the praccy matches. Thrown in the deep end with all our injuries to our talls, he showed he has a tank, plenty of talent and footy smarts, and the willingness to mix it with the big boys. All eyes have been on McKay and Durdin, but I think we have a keeper in the Souva.

Last edited:
Mentioning Alex McKinnon and saying he needs to visit the spinal ward... spare me please.

Technique was poor. Was an accident. No harm done. Move on and learn from it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back