AFL Player #32: Ben "Buckets" McKay - Worth every penny

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a great sign. Hopefully it's due to being at North and not knowing or used to elite training standards. Rather than choosing to be lazy. But the not being very popular amongst the group is a concern.
We've had unreliable so-called ITKs around the place before though, so I'll reserve judgment until I hear it verified by another source.

I've been reading a bit more of what this guy has said - sounds like BS. He's gone on to relay part of a specific conversation he says he has had with the Caddy family. In other words, they could now identify him. I think it's crap.

Yeah now he's at Essendon he's going to see what elite jogging looks like.

He’ll get to witness it from a variety of different angles as well.

Midfielders jogging after opposition midfielders as they pin his opponent on the chest, defenders jogging after their opponents as they run into open goals…

Etc, etc

I've been reading a bit more of what this guy has said - sounds like BS. He's gone on to relay part of a specific conversation he says he has had with the Caddy family. In other words, they could now identify him. I think it's crap.
Gee, I would‘nt pay a lot of attention to the Caddy’s. Not the most popular family in the NFNL.

Not a great sign. Hopefully it's due to being at North and not knowing or used to elite training standards. Rather than choosing to be lazy. But the not being very popular amongst the group is a concern.

Apparently sheezel had a go at him last year for this very issue. I’ve heard conflicting reports about his popularity amongst the group as a whole. Strange one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before reading these comments, I thought Redman's response re: Ben in his recent interview seemed a bit off. Just described him as "low key" from memory.

I admittedly didn't love Truck's work here and thought he seemed better suited to the assistant coach position than the head coach - but jeez every time I see this image it genuinely flattens me.
Yeah, Nick Hind ought to have apologised for that.

Imagine being so openly disrespectful to a guy trying to help you.

Also knowing that Truck was told to "be more empathetic" and probably fought his instinct of pulling Hind up more directly.

Yeah, Nick Hind ought to have apologised for that.

Imagine being so openly disrespectful to a guy trying to help you.

Also knowing that Truck was told to "be more empathetic" and probably fought his instinct of pulling Hind up more directly.
Like to see Hind try that with Scott. Very unprofessional

Like to see Hind try that with Scott. Very unprofessional
And every player should be expected to be totally professional at all times then ? It happens. It was a bad look and who know what the conversations where during the week. All players have bow ups at some stage and look like idiots if it is seen. How many coaches look like tools doing similar stuff in the box ? It is an emotional game when things are not going right.

And every player should be expected to be totally professional at all times then ? It happens. It was a bad look and who know what the conversations where during the week. All players have bow ups at some stage and look like idiots if it is seen. How many coaches look like tools doing similar stuff in the box ? It is an emotional game when things are not going right.
Yep and deserves to be called out for it

And in the same situation I doubt it would be different under Scott in the heat of the moment. It belongs in the Kane Cornes outrage bucket. Not worth worrying about.

And in the same situation I doubt it would be different under Scott in the heat of the moment. It belongs in the Kane Cornes outrage bucket. Not worth worrying about.
Nah he’ll never do it with Scott …can understand frustration but that’s probably a notch over the top by Hind.

He did get called out for it at the time and he did address it. He stated that he just got tackled and was still reeling from that, was listening to truck and has a good relationship with him. I agree it would have been better if he looked him in the eye.

Anyway back to the buckets thread. Heart warming to see how he went yesterday. Hopefully he can help bring the end of opposition forwards getting a hold of us.

I like what I'm reading about his chemistry with Rids and growing now with Zach Reid. Very promising.
Reid will come down to his body development and durability. Good signs so far . He could always play .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back