Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

He'll play. I'd rather he didn't because I didn't think he did enough, fitness wise, to warrant selection. Would rather play Clarke and Jed (EVW instead only if there was a spot down back and there isn't) and give Mason another week in the VFL.

Blow out the cobwebs and managed a pretty decent game while doing it.

He looked like he was blowing hard the first quarter (on the back some some great gut running to get himself a few shots on goal). Very pleased for him to sink one straight away, and loved a number of little smart and skillful plays he tried to make, especially in the last q.

When he was KP in the forward half, I dont think our guys played to his strengths. I would of liked them to kick it into space for him, rather than to a contest (where he was always 1on2). He's got sublime a first touch, and the agility to outrun his opponents, but not yet strong enough to muscle out two (like a waite for instance).

Excellent return by a gun player as hoped.

Best young player on our list. I rate Clarke also.

Give him a full season injury free and he's a weapon.

Makes a huge difference having another key forward in the side.

You really need a key defender to play on him with the way he plays. I don't think there are too many 3rd talls who could handle him when he is flying for the footy like he was today!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More game time and he'll eliminate those clangers from his game, so exciting and smooth to watch.
I thought he made a lot of errors and 'almosts', but even taking that into consideration he dominated the game today. Can only improve, love watching him.

FFS Adolf you wanted to bring in specific player threads and now you're doing a Filth Wizard and not pulling your weight. Change the fricken Title on the Thread. :stern look

Thanks for keeping me on my toes Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Back