Past #32: Mason Wood - 65 NM games/76 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for STK '21 - GL Mase

Remove this Banner Ad

If this kid and Garner can get a decent run without injuries we have two genuine X-factors that can have a huge effect on the outcome of games. They both have size, strength and speed to do some real damage.

Wood will be better then Stringer with a few more games. What a beautiful kick.
That chest mark attempt that didn't come off in the third across half back was eerily Carey esk.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes has a nice kick but radar slightly off atm. Takes one grabbers on the lead but in contested situations could hold onto a few more. Ive no doubt at all both those things will improve with game time. With that running power of his he's a perfect 3rd tall. As i mentioned in the other thread, i love our forward structure today - not good news for the other hopefuls.

Would have been the third musketeer to Carey and McKernan in the 90's. Is much better than good, hasn't played a lot of games. Has great ability to cover ground, mark over head, play the ball off the ground and is wonderful kick. We should offer Wood a nine year deal worth $9,000,000.00.

Take the lid off peeps, we got ourselves one. Who would argue if we gave away our first pick next year for a Wood clone? Not that I think one exists?

He got called back with the flight last week and didn't go hard enough, so loved seeing him take that towering goal square mark back with the flight.

He is just an absolute jet. Can't wait to see him with 50-60 games under his belt.

Big call I know, but does he remind anyone else of Nick Riewoldt a little? Hard running CHF type who can also play up the ground, great in the air, great on the deck with a lot of marks through simply working their opponent into the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine AA level talent.

Riewoldt is a good comparison there's only 1cm difference, I feel like Masons much better at ground level and definitely a much better field kick.

Masons a good mark, but Nick is one of the best in the league, both have huge tanks, Nick knows how to use it better at this point.

Nick moving onto the wing later in his career, is a good example of a role we could move Mason into if we unearth another forward.

Big call I know, but does he remind anyone else of Nick Riewoldt a little? Hard running CHF type who can also play up the ground, great in the air, great on the deck with a lot of marks through simply working their opponent into the ground.

Doesn't have Riewoldt's sookiness.

Nick Riewoldt is one of the best players to ever play the game, genuine champion. If Wood continues his trajectory however I reckon he could be on a similar level, maybe not quite as good but certainly in the ballpark which is ****ing incredibly exciting for us.

Riewoldt is a champion who has built his game on manic workrate and reckless abandon for his body.

Mason has more polish and better skills, if he can dig deep and push mental boundaries like Riewoldt, watch out.

Spot on.

Mentally one of the toughest footballers to play the game and durable as all hell.

The fact he is going to finish on 350+ games given his game style and position is incredible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back