Player Watch 32 Travis Cloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but it certainly nullifies his main advantage in marking. He's also not slow

hes not slow but teh fast guys arent fast on a wet day. And the ball is very slow.

Pleased with his effort regardless. That said I never thought he was THAT terrible in the seniors or has been THAT good in the VFL. He has been tantalisingly just off minimum requirments. And thats been an issue for the selection panel. The emergence of Cox (a good thing) added to their issues. Bu with Moore injured now they need to reward him now for that effort because in my mind they shouldnt have dropped him . Not the second time anyway.

hes not slow but teh fast guys arent fast on a wet day. And the ball is very slow.

Pleased with his effort regardless. That said I never thought he was THAT terrible in the seniors or has been THAT good in the VFL. He has been tantalisingly just off minimum requirments. And thats been an issue for the selection panel. The emergence of Cox (a good thing) added to their issues. Bu with Moore injured now they need to reward him now for that effort because in my mind they shouldnt have dropped him . Not the second time anyway.
may be he needed the second dropping, with the effort he showed today that definitely was not there last week or any time this year.

may be he needed the second dropping, with the effort he showed today that definitely was not there last week or any time this year.

I have issues with our revolving door selection. I dont think Nathan Brown should have been dropped either. And whilst I agree with Aish being dropped after 2-3 poor games he should have been recalled weeks ago.

Good to see Clokey really have a dip today...hope he shows the same hunger and aggression for the rest of the season.

I have issues with our revolving door selection. I dont think Nathan Brown should have been dropped either. And whilst I agree with Aish being dropped after 2-3 poor games he should have been recalled weeks ago.
when cloke got first dropped l was against, but when had time to reflect and watched some of the games again that he played in l realised
l was wrong, his form was bad. the worst l have ever seen, nothing there, and so it was again last week. we cannot afford to carry him this year
he must pull his weight. we need him firing, not dead wood helping pull the team down. on aish he really needed a good body of work of form and now he has it. l fully expect after the bye to be in the 1sts. brown to me is the one l don't get. the only thing l can think of is the want him to do more
than just spoil but to attack as well.
l really hope that he is in the team in the next game instead of frost. as l see frost as a good back up to reid or brown at this stage

when the team has play like we have and the injuries as well unfortunately a revolving door will happen, till
the team hits a true form and injuries stop

when cloke got first dropped l was against, but when had time to reflect and watched some of the games again that he played in l realised
l was wrong, his form was bad. the worst l have ever seen, nothing there, and so it was again last week. we cannot afford to carry him this year
he must pull his weight. we need him firing, not dead wood helping pull the team down. on aish he really needed a good body of work of form and now he has it. l fully expect after the bye to be in the 1sts. brown to me is the one l don't get. the only thing l can think of is the want him to do more
than just spoil but to attack as well.
l really hope that he is in the team in the next game instead of frost. as l see frost as a good back up to reid or brown at this stage

Regardless of wht we all think about who should or shouldnt have been droped and how long they should have stayed in the VFL, its great that we have Tapping putting them in the right mindset to treat the VFL and their careers seriously

Sometimes its better to show faith in players who had a bad game.
l agree especially when they have a occasionally bad game but the team and many players have had many bad games in a row the axe has to wielded
and if the team leaders are not showing the way and stay in the team, the team will not go forward

l agree especially when they have a occasionally bad game but the team and many players have had many bad games in a row the axe has to wielded
and if the team leaders are not showing the way and stay in the team, the team will not go forward

Brown and Cloke (last time) had one in a row. And they had a lot of mates who were bad on the day. White also was dropped first time around after one game. Not to mention Broomhead Goodyear (twice) etc...but they are fringe players so it can be argued away. Not even Witts got a good run at at although admittedly Grundy's presence means you have to perform as first ruck.

Brown and Cloke (last time) had one in a row. And they had a lot of mates who were bad on the day. White also was dropped first time around after one game. Not to mention Broomhead Goodyear (twice) etc...but they are fringe players so it can be argued away. Not even Witts got a good run at at although admittedly Grundy's presence means you have to perform as first ruck.
well witts did get injured and even though grundy is playing ok but could be a lot better than he is. l am ok with witts in, but not forward
any way my hope is that the next game cloke, brown and aish plays it will be in the seniors. but aish and brown 1st ins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, bravo to the Cloke family... blackmailed the club into squeezing every last cent out of our salary cap then proceeds to stop giving a **** on the field :thumbsu:

Gutless
Amusing...considering you are potting someone via the anonymity & protection of social networking.

Disagree on Aish. He needed a solid block of VFL games to gain confidence and learn how the club wants him to play. He should be ready for a recall after today.

Yep, bravo to the Cloke family... blackmailed the club into squeezing every last cent out of our salary cap then proceeds to stop giving a **** on the field :thumbsu:

Gutless
Hmmm....
He was offered a million a season at Freo. For 4 years.
So he took a five year deal at a 20% reduction on the Freo offer, with the 5th year activated if performance targets were met. At a reduced wage.
That was the market and Cloke was rightly lauded for staying at less coin.
Hardly gutless.

Didn't see any of the VFL but the reports suggest that Cloke brought effort/commitment/desire/intensity, which seems to be what the club have been saying they want to see. Trouble is, he needs to bring that every week and maybe some of this week's effort is because he's really pissed off at Bucks at the moment. I hope Cloke gets more chances at senior level but think he needs to at least back up today's performance with one more similar effort.

travis used up his petrol tickets in the last 18 months. he doesn't deserve any of the favours that experienced players usually get. I couldn't guarantee that he will play well if he was picked in the seniors.... and that's the problem. circumstances last week gave him a second chance that he didn't deserve and he was ordinary. Senior players don't play badly for weeks on end. Depending on what happens on Monday, I would still give him another week at vfl level. The irony is that the big stick that he had a few years back that he was threatening to use - and by big stick I mean "give me a big contract or I leave". Well he has lost that stick big time. If he isn't getting a large pay cut next year, then he will be begging to work for half pay because the club will trade him if they have to pay him big money. He's not as arrogant but he's got a bit of lewis Hamilton about him....grow up and appreciate that you've had a charmed life so far mate...and quit thinking that the world owes you something that you haven't earned

I haven't made any comment since the news broke that he was dropped but his papers are stamped.
It's incredibly disappointing.

Cloke did not look like a guy who wanted to leave Collingwood today. He is not going anywhere.

Has Cox emerged? He's been just okay also.

Gutless
It's been addressed by other posters already. But this is a particularly disgusting post by you Kappa. Pure cowardice. Cloke's form at the time demanded a market value. He took under that market value to stay at the club. It's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. He either leaves and is a traitor a la Daisy or stays and takes under and then is liable to cop a torrent of bile from "supporters" like yourself when the weather turns bad. He has done nothing but be loyal to the club and to suggest otherwise is truly offensive.

It's been addressed by other posters already. But this is a particularly disgusting post by you Kappa. Pure cowardice. Cloke's form at the time demanded a market value. He took under that market value to stay at the club. It's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. He either leaves and is a traitor a la Daisy or stays and takes under and then is liable to cop a torrent of bile from "supporters" like yourself when the weather turns bad. He has done nothing but be loyal to the club and to suggest otherwise is truly offensive.

posting critical comments about players under fake names in forums is always going to be an example of pure cowardice. although kappa has typically tried to bignote himself by sinking the boots into the clokes, you can't argue with the fact that cloke hasn't been up to scratch since he got his big pay day. he's not the only player who is being paid overs. tom boyd at the bulldogs has certainly gone largely un-noticed this year and he is on superstar wages. he's not the only one. cloke has attracted a lot of attention and criticism which is the usual Collingwood thing.

I'm still concerned about Cloke, but very relieved he did well today.

Regarding his future with us, it seems to hang on how he goes from here. Balmey says we still want him. Cloke says he wants to stay. Even Damir Cloke says he wants to stay. And Bucks' language is - ambivalent? Probably because he is the one dishing out the tough love. You have to be deserving of having Bucks wanting you to stay. And Channel 7 should butt out of it (but they won't).

I've confused myself now.

Last edited:
I'm still concerned about Cloke, but very relieved he did well today.

Regarding his future with us, it seems to hang on how he goes from here. Balmy says we still want him. Cloke says he wants to stay. Even Damir Cloke says he wants to stay. And Bucks' language is - ambivalent? Probably because he is the one dishing out the tough love. You have to be deserving of having Bucks wanting you to stay. And Channel 7 should butt out of it (but they won't).

I've confused myself now.
that is witty, now that's gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back