Player Watch #33: Ed Vickers-Willis

year of the roo

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Even with Thompson retiring, it’s going to be tight for spots in the backline next year. Tarrant, jasper, Marley and alley are locks. That leaves 2 spots for daw, durdin, McKay, evw, McDonald, McMillan & Ahern. Daw back to his 2018 form is a lock and I think we need Ahern’s skill set as part of the back six. We need to get games into one of mckay or durdin too. Evw has a battle on his hands to win his spot back.
3 spots. You'd have 7 defenders in the 22 at least, with one from the bench.

I'd like to see Jmac and McDonald in contention for wing/mids spots if everyone is fit and firing and there is no room down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ferball

Premium Platinum
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Even with Thompson retiring, it’s going to be tight for spots in the backline next year. Tarrant, jasper, Marley and alley are locks. That leaves 2 spots for daw, durdin, McKay, evw, McDonald, McMillan & Ahern. Daw back to his 2018 form is a lock and I think we need Ahern’s skill set as part of the back six. We need to get games into one of mckay or durdin too. Evw has a battle on his hands to win his spot back.
Ha. I hope so. Its exactly what we need.

Rad Roo

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mcmillan is your Malcolm in the middle type player, he was quite good and solid during scott's era but the game has moved beyond him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
Windy Hill Safe Injecting Room
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Especially with who you quoted to try and drag me into a petty squabble,

I have risen above it, like EVW in a pack to take the intercept mark.
Not sure what any of that is about mate. Sounds like you visualise yourself as an online version of a virtual EVW who takes leaping grabs.

Back on sub-topic, I'll assume you're neither good-looking nor smart then.

Top Bottom