Player Watch #36 Jeff Garlett - 2017 AA Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez he looks in good nick!
Flies under the radar a bit does our Jeffy but is right up there IMO
He's a star but he puts in at least one stinker a month. Needs to be more consistent and he'll get the extra recognition.

Yeah do agree with that mate but so do most small forwards in the game I reckon
Perhaps but Jeffy is an experienced head in a young side, we need a bit more from him. Will improve with the rest of the team though.

Perhaps but Jeffy is an experienced head in a young side, we need a bit more from him. Will improve with the rest of the team though.

I reckon he has been pretty good the last couple years. Bloke has averaged 40 goals and been pretty good with his forward pressure. Good small forwards are bloody hard to find

I reckon he has been pretty good the last couple years. Bloke has averaged 40 goals and been pretty good with his forward pressure. Good small forwards are bloody hard to find
Not saying he isn’t a gun, just saying there’s a reason he flies under the radar. I’m a huge fan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No longer an automatic starter as of today.

Not saying he is finished and he's given us some great service but he has to genuinely push for a spot now. A few goals 1 in every 4 games is no longer enough. Physicality and pressure are critical.

No longer an automatic starter as of today.

Not saying he is finished and he's given us some great service but he has to genuinely push for a spot now. A few goals 1 in every 4 games is no longer enough. Physicality and pressure are critical.

Yah agree with your point. He's easily good enough to be in but Hannan and Fritsch provided so much more than him that he now has to earn his spot back.

As bad as he was at Casey and last couple of weeks for the senior team, I would not be surprised to see him in the team next week. After a couple of games in 5 days, I reckon some fresh legs with pace will be needed. Trac and Garlett could come in for ANB and Harmes..

Garlett does too but he needs the occassional kick up the arse to wake him up. He gets complacent.
When it gets willing, that's when Jeffy goes missing a bit. Love him but doesn't like it too hard our Jeff. The other 3 seem to enjoy that side of it

When it gets willing, that's when Jeffy goes missing a bit. Love him but doesn't like it too hard our Jeff. The other 3 seem to enjoy that side of it

I think that's overstated on the back of a good game by Hannan. Garlett tackled more than Hannan across last year and many of his best games were against the better opposition. Fritsch and Spargo have barely started their careers so can't really compare as yet. Time will tell if any of them can get anywhere near the 120 goals Garlett has kicked for us over the last 3 and a bit years. And we're only a couple of weeks since Garlett was being raved about for his start to the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back