Player Watch #36: Lachlan Johnson - ACL rehab, joined the hub in Queensland - 17/7

Remove this Banner Ad

Lore

Moderator ❀
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
36 - Lachlan Johnson.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2021
Last Game Played: On the inactive list
Injury Status: Joined the hub in Queensland - 17/7
ACL rehab, on light duties - 28/5
ACL rehab, just started running - 12/2
Pre-existing ACL injury when drafted

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
You'd think he will be in trouble if there are list reductions.

Was a completely speculative selection from everything I've read and it's not even clear what position he will play, no exposed form for 18 months, slow, queries about his tank. That's a list of everything we don't need on the list.

It's also part of the reason I think list reduction is utter bullshit. Who knows what we're going to lose to the game so that the top players can continue to be overpaid (a lot of them for just collecting possessions). The morality and basic sense of list reductions does not, however, change the reality that's it's virtually impossible to project Johnson into anything that fits into the system we are trying to play (especially given the weaknesses we already have).

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
You'd think he will be in trouble if there are list reductions.

Was a completely speculative selection from everything I've read and it's not even clear what position he will play, no exposed form for 18 months, slow, queries about his tank. That's a list of everything we don't need on the list.

It's also part of the reason I think list reduction is utter bullshit. Who knows what we're going to lose to the game so that the top players can continue to be overpaid (a lot of them for just collecting possessions). The morality and basic sense of list reductions does not, however, change the reality that's it's virtually impossible to project Johnson into anything that fits into the system we are trying to play (especially given the weaknesses we already have).
I wouldn't be sad if he were not re contracted, would you ?

Lore

Moderator ❀
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
He’s on a two year draft contract. We cannot sack him without paying next year anyway.

How much exposed form does the next pick in the 2020 draft have right now?

Barring severe and immediate list cuts, I’d say he plays out his contract at a minimum.

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
He’s on a two year draft contract. We cannot sack him without paying next year anyway.

How much exposed form does the next pick in the 2020 draft have right now?

Barring severe and immediate list cuts, I’d say he plays out his contract at a minimum.
to be fair, I did forget he was taken in the national draft and therefore is contracted for 2 years.

My bad

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
I wouldn't be sad if he were not re contracted, would you ?

It's hard to tell. On paper I don't see the appeal. He's a lot like Long in the sense he doesn't seem to have any identity as a player.

Lore surely the contract won't save him. It can't be that you suddenly lose a spot on the list just because you were unlucky enough to not have a contract beyond this year. The club must get to make the call on who it wants to keep.

Lore

Moderator ❀
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
It's hard to tell. On paper I don't see the appeal. He's a lot like Long in the sense he doesn't seem to have any identity as a player.

Lore surely the contract won't save him. It can't be that you suddenly lose a spot on the list just because you were unlucky enough to not have a contract beyond this year. The club must get to make the call on who it wants to keep.
What is the benefit in delisting him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom