Past #36: Phoenix Spicer - drafted w/ #42 in 2020 ND - delisted end '23 - 12 NM games / 2 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Mutineer on the draft board was on to him pretty early in the piece.

He picked Spicer out before anyone on here knew who he was.
Haha and his girlfriend is Izak Rankine's sister, maybe you can entice Izak one day. You wanted speed and kamikaze attack on the ball carrier you got it.

I might add he's coming off a broken arm in the last game he played for the Panthers.

Lightest player ever at north? 64kg, cant recall smaller that we've selected

Jeremy Clayton? Who remembers the Mouse?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haha and his girlfriend is Izak Rankine's sister, maybe you can entice Izak one day. You wanted speed and kamikaze attack on the ball carrier you got it.

I might add he's coming off a broken arm in the last game he played for the Panthers.
Better than a broken leg!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plays like Dayne Zorko? Interesting comparison.

I have a mate working for another AFL club who were very keen on spicer. Apparently a very shy, quiet kid who tackles like a maniac.
Looks very good as a speculative pick. The only thing I didn't like in the highlights i just watched; he seems very right dominant. He had some opportunities to use his left & didn't.
Anyway - we wanted speed. He's got it in spades...

Looks very good as a speculative pick. The only thing I didn't like in the highlights i just watched; he seems very right dominant. He had some opportunities to use his left & didn't.
Anyway - we wanted speed. He's got it in spades...

Won’t be a problem with the speed he has.

Brady plucked Liam Ryan out, I hope this kid is half as good.

Welcome aboard Turbo

He is way faster than his combine time.

I once played footy with a kid like that. Had never played before but we got him cos we were struggling for numbers., Came straight from a mission where Tony Mundine and his more famous kid lived. Seemed fairly slow during the warm up. We were struggling for numbers as I mentioned. One of our other ring ins was that year's stall gift winner, Aaron Stubbs.

I've told this story before but its relevent noiw.

At one point Stubbs and the kid, whose name I forget, were chasing the ball flat out. This kid ran past Aaron with the sort of acceleration our brand new Firebird showed above. Just made the current Stawell champion look like he was treading water. Tarryn has a bit of that about him too. Just the ability to continually accelerate till he looks like he is running over 10m/s.

I've only ever noticed a few indigenous kids and a couple of Olympic finalists shift up a gear like that when going flat out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back