Past #36: Phoenix Spicer - drafted w/ #42 in 2020 ND - delisted end '23 - 12 NM games / 2 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

I get it.

He is a soft s**t campaigner that doesn’t belong at the top level.

He avoids anything that looks like contact.

He will only tackle if he is behind and can’t get hurt.

******* spud!
Positive out of today is this has to be the last time we ever see spicer play

Thank god we subbed him out again

This is on the coaching staff now. Deliberately setting the bloke up for failure when they have been told time and time again and the bloke isn’t AFL standard.
North handles some situations so poorly.

He's a young kid who got a chance to play AFL and found he was out of his depth.

That's all it is.
What’s concerning is that people that are meant to be AFL level coaches kept playing him.

It’s just astounding to even think what they saw in what he was bringing to the role, to persist this long.

He's a young kid who got a chance to play AFL and found he was out of his depth.

That's all it is.

Bingo. Sucks for him. He took the field in the jumper - good on him. He's not good enough; he isn't the first to find that out and he won't be the last

What’s concerning is that people that are meant to be AFL level coaches kept playing him.

It’s just astounding to even think what they saw in what he was bringing to the role, to persist this long.
I agree with you. Pretty sure, at least I hope so, that it just ties in with what Clarko had said earlier in the year that blokes'll get a chance, or a run of games to find out where they're at. He's been given a run of games to stake his claim .... and hopefully, that'll be it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. Last year of his deal. Give him an extended run to see what he's got.

He's got nothing. So that's an easy list decision at the end of the year. To bad for him but he had every chance. Move on.

Having said all that, I'd be really disappointed if he's getting a game after the bye. We've seen enough.

He was running his guts out to apply pressure and stuck a few tackles. Presented as an option a lot too.

Sorry, thought he was ok.

Standards Wow GIF by CBC

Watching the game today, it was great seeing two premier small forwards (Spicer & Weightman) go toe to toe on the centre stage. Sure, they both had their moments but I'm giving the points to Weightman. A TKO if you like. Weightman hit the scoreboard, but didn't harass & chase like Spicer did. I tend to have a sick sense about these things and my gut is telling you guys have got a beauty, just like we have with Humphrey. Disguise the limit with Phoenix. Just need to be patient. In a premiership side, Phoenix will be handy. Just remember, Jesus didn't turn water into blood overnight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back