Past #36: Phoenix Spicer - drafted w/ #42 in 2020 ND - delisted end '23 - 12 NM games / 2 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t like putting our players down but I’ve seen enough with this kid, for someone who’s supposed to be quick he still manages a way to fumble or get tackled every time he has the ball, he’s got no goal craft, scared of contact and honestly, better off in the vfl where he was gaining confidence and performing before he was brought into the seniors. It’s all upstairs with him and it’s clearly not doing him any favours playing him and damaging his confidence even worse
he is just too small to make any impact and as a result is scared of contact, hence the fumbles and rush possessions

its time to wish him all the best, see if he can go back the the local leagues make an impact and try get drafted in a few years time but unfortunately i dont think he will be able to make an impact even at reserves level

Sticking fat. Still reckon there might be a best 22 player in a future successful side there.
Not convinced myself, but in any event, he's not under any immediate pressure from Hansen, who from what I saw yesterday is still very much finding his feet

Within the first minute of Q1 (19.38 minute mark ), put himself in front of Bailey Dale charging forward, and caused a spill to Curtis who gave off to Powell, didn't appear to jib it to me, strange act if he is such a scaredy cat.

Within the first minute of Q1 (19.38 minute mark ), put himself in front of Bailey Dale charging forward, and caused a spill to Curtis who gave off to Powell, didn't appear to jib it to me, strange act if he is such a scaredy cat.
yeah but qas the game went on he avoided more and more contests. It was noticeable how bad he got.

I’ve come to the conclusion that there’s a lot of posters on here who absolutely no nothing about football calling for this cat to get a rookie spot next year is laughable. In all the years I’ve watched football this bloke is the most useless so called footballer I’ve ever seen needs his papers stamped never to play afl again period.

Thought you hated shitmen. Turn it up.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
We can’t delist 20 and he has pace which we desperately need is all.

Not fussed tbh. But goodness me if the youngster finds his way he has the tools. A Shitmen doesn’t have the tools just keeps getting games.
Year after year.

Spicey has a point of difference.

he is just too small to make any impact and as a result is scared of contact, hence the fumbles and rush possessions

its time to wish him all the best, see if he can go back the the local leagues make an impact and try get drafted in a few years time but unfortunately i dont think he will be able to make an impact even at reserves level
We'd have no players left if list management was left up to you.

We'd have no players left if list management was left up to you.
That’s incorrect

I’ve listed the 9-10 players I expect gone at years end

The remainder 35 stay

delist/retire off senior list
1. Hall
2. Goldy
3. Ziebell
4. Mahony
5. Spicer
6. Young

take 4 picks to the draft and trade in 2 players

delist/retire from the rookie list
1. Free
2. Shiels
3. Howe

With cunners the elephant in the room who could retire also

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can’t delist 20 and he has pace which we desperately need is all.

Not fussed tbh. But goodness me if the youngster finds his way he has the tools. A Shitmen doesn’t have the tools just keeps getting games.
Year after year.

Spicey has a point of difference.

I hear ya. I don't think he has any other strengths though.

Selectors have spoken - I think the lad will have to get in and just have to try and rip it in the Magoos for the next 4 weeks. At VFL level par as a small forward needs to be 2 goals, 4-5 goal assists and 5-6 meaningful tackles with 15 touches. Part of me hopes he turns around his attitude (ie, not being scared) and comes out a better player. Not sure if he will be offered anything at the EOY, but it is in his hands now to control that.

How is he tracking VFL watchers?

The one thing hampering Spicer is confidence in his ability. He has some almost moments that turn into bad moments really quickly and it hurts the team in the process.

Hoping he makes it.

How is he tracking VFL watchers?

The one thing hampering Spicer is confidence in his ability. He has some almost moments that turn into bad moments really quickly and it hurts the team in the process.

Hoping he makes it.
Still doesn't do enough has some good moments on the wing during transition but needs to do more of it. Averaging 12 touches per vfl game and has only kicked 2 goals.

Come on Nostrils he's no worse than CCL/Xerri who are both not AFL standard. Perez, Young, Lazzaro and Stevo as well.

And McDonald, McKay and Corr. Probably just behind Tuckers.

My point is, we could use his pace. Even if just to run off the ground for a spell lol

Come on Nostrils he's no worse than CCL/Xerri who are both not AFL standard. Perez, Young, Lazzaro and Stevo as well.

And McDonald, McKay and Corr. Probably just behind Tuckers.

My point is, we could use his pace. Even if just to run off the ground for a spell lol
He’s not even vfl standard

First delisted at years end

Remove this Banner Ad

Back