Past #36: Phoenix Spicer - drafted w/ #42 in 2020 ND - delisted end '23 - 12 NM games / 2 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

lol do we seriously have people on here that believe he's up there without permission from Clarko and the club?

I think Clarkson should force the young indigenous kid back now! Family reasons family shmeasons!

So the NT journo was asked about Spicer and he said Phoenix will be back at North for preseason in January.

Has been doing a lot of training with Jed and the Darwin Buffaloes as well. Have a mate who is playing up there who reckons he has been putting in the work and looking as fit as a fiddle.

because Clarko stopping and ingenious player from seeing their family while under duress wont fly with the current state of the media.
Its pre Christmas anyway, things don't really matter until January.
Its really only about fitness until then.
Will spend the entire of 2023 in the VFL learning his craft anyway, not sure what the big deal is.

I remember seeing him in the game vs the Dons when he had the ball coming to his chest and got scared. For mine, he is on the list of players that one couldn't see playing in the last week of September (given what Clarko said we're looking for).

Actually, should start a chat in the Clarko thread on which players on our list currently can play the game of AFL footy but aren't what you'd want on the last day of September.

Has been doing a lot of training with Jed and the Darwin Buffaloes as well. Have a mate who is playing up there who reckons he has been putting in the work and looking as fit as a fiddle.
Jed didn't exactly come back in ripping nick last time he was training away from the club in Darwin. Is there a chance the club have told Jed he's a possibility to get rookied which would give him real motivation to work his arse off and lead the way for spicy p?? Out of the 4 delisted guys Jed is the 1 I'd really love to see back.

Jed didn't exactly come back in ripping nick last time he was training away from the club in Darwin. Is there a chance the club have told Jed he's a possibility to get rookied which would give him real motivation to work his arse off and lead the way for spicy p?? Out of the 4 delisted guys Jed is the 1 I'd really love to see back.

Jed not coming back in good nick has been blown away at out of proportion in these parts. He was in good nick, but then had to stop training due to myocarditis from the jab. If he had never got myocarditis he would’ve been fit from the get go.

I don’t think he is on our radar to be re-rookied. Same with Josh Walker. I’d imagine if they were on the radar they’d be training with us now.

Jed not coming back in good nick has been blown away at out of proportion in these parts. He was in good nick, but then had to stop training due to myocarditis from the jab. If he had never got myocarditis he would’ve been fit from the get go.

I don’t think he is on our radar to be re-rookied. Same with Josh Walker. I’d imagine if they were on the radar they’d be training with us now.
He'll get drafted by the Gold Coast. Then we can congratulate Noble on swapping him for Hugh Greenwood...

And if he had got his jab 2 months earlier with every other AFL player he would have been fit for the seasons start. He chose not too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time has come to try Spicer as a back.

With Sheezel and Drury coming in we have options in that sml/med forward role.

We do lack a small lockdown defender who can match up on dangerous smalls.
His 1v1 body work as a forward hasn't been good enough, can only seeing him fare worse on the other side of it.

Time has come to try Spicer as a back.

With Sheezel and Drury coming in we have options in that sml/med forward role.

We do lack a small lockdown defender who can match up on dangerous smalls.
If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Go back and watch the game against Collingwood from last year. Watched it last week and Phoenix created a few chances and was not far off on a couple of other occasions. He was not hopeless and not sure why the pile on.
yeah, i really dont get it either. Sure, he still needs to bulk up a bit and improve, but he has shown real smarts and creativity in that forward half. it's a bit strange he's become a whipping boy and even written off when he really doesn't deserve it

Not criticising the kid, but name me a position played by someone of his size/strength where he doesn’t have 3 or 4 guys ahead of him for that role. He’s probably 5th in line for small forward

Go back and watch the game against Collingwood from last year. Watched it last week and Phoenix created a few chances and was not far off on a couple of other occasions. He was not hopeless and not sure why the pile on.
I think he started well.

May have got a head knock in a game early on and lost his confidence - in Tassie I think.

I also think there was a game we had a few outs and we were forced to play him as a late in and he just wasn’t ready.

Hopefully in a more organized team he can gain more confidence and be a strong contributor.

Not criticising the kid, but name me a position played by someone of his size/strength where he doesn’t have 3 or 4 guys ahead of him for that role. He’s probably 5th in line for small forward
do we have another genuine small forward with pace? most of our other guy, although dangerous at ground level, are more medium forwards -- Zurhaar, Curtis, Sheezel -- or high half-forwards-cum-midfielders -- Taylor, Stepho, Thomas etc. Even Jack Mahony is a small forward in height only but plays more like the latter group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back